Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Water in Delta P sensor ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, new to the forum and trucker life as well, currently own a 13 W900 with a Cm2250 570k miles, just did a map sensor and delta P sensor, the map sensor was filthy, the delta P as well but it also had water inside....any reason for this ? In desperate need for better MPG, currently not seeing more tha 5.6 mpg hauling 8,000 lbs.

[attachment=5668]
Judging off the red paint, doesn’t look like they’ve ever been changed. If not, it overdue for an EGR tuneup by about 300k.

As far as the moisture goes, possibly cold weather causing condensation upon shutdown??

Again, I would do a complete EGR tuneup with that mileage in order to make sure those components will perform as they are designed. That alone will create or destroy fuel mileage.
If you are looking for "good MPG", you should have never purchased a vehicle with zero ability to get "good mpg". - You would be lucky to get high 6's to mid 7's out of that square nose truck with custom tuning, only drive it 62-63 mph, and do all the other mods to it like low-roll tires, gear it 3.79's or better, loads are mostly aerodynamic, rolling every hill in neutral, driving by boost gauge below 15 psi or less while climbing hills, etc.

Its like saying you want to win a marathon today, but you stabbed yourself in the left foot with a butcher knife 2 days ago.

I understand that some people need such trucks (rgn, heavy haul that needs lost of radiator, extreme off-roads, etc.) but asking to make a truck that burps and gets thirsty every time it passes a fuel station, is an up hill battle.

=========

My rant against such antique-roadshow trucks aside...

With everything painted red, it is very obvious that trucks engine and emissions systems have been severely neglected. - Most likely you will also find the DOC and DPF elements need de-ashing as well.

What does the regen history in insite look like?

Will it pass a rail leak-down test? - https://youtu.be/eH9GRkeozTM
I want some of that 8,000 freight!!

Tank trailer I am pulling has 49,560 in product. It's a preloaded trailer.
What does the regen history in insite look like?

Will it pass a rail leak-down test? - https://youtu.be/eH9GRkeozTM
[/quote]

Yes i know , the more the i read up on the truck the harder i feel like kicking myself. After seeing 75% of your videos i started dropping the speed to 60-65..Currently sitting on 6.2MPG . Will definitely keep working on it.

As to the Regen History i have no idea ,Currently trying to order myself a PC and the insite program, same goes to the leak down test, i currently only deal with the dealer since i cant trust mecanics in the NYC area. Should i have the dealer run the test or you know any trusted mecanic in the NYC area ?

There have been a few parts of the aftertreatment changed like the NOX sensor and SCR system was serviced.
I would take it to the dealer if you are waiting to get Insite. Have them plug the computer in and get the history, they should be able to print it off. You will not know where to look until you have that information, as well as the leak down test. I don't know if I would trust a dealer to do that, but it would be worth it to at least get that history.
Reference URL's