Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: DEF gauge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I've currently ran 760 miles .. the DEF gauge has not moved the entire time it's just below 3/8th full. Should I put some in the tank ? Do a parked Regen? Not sure what's going on. [/u]
Fill it up and see if the gauge moves. No clue how long this truck sat, could be crystalized in there and in need of pulling apart and servicing of the system. A good power washing to clean it out. May as well replace the DEF filter, there is one in there somewhere.
(12-01-2019 )Paccardude Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I've currently ran 760 miles .. the DEF gauge has not moved the entire time it's just below 3/8th full. Should I put some in the tank ? Do a parked Regen? Not sure what's going on. [/u]

for trucks that take DEf fluid, there is a 10% silent power derate that kicks in for the engine when you fill the fuel tanks and do not top off the DEf.

I.E.> The engine maker/epa wants you to fill that DEF tank up every time you fuel, or face a silent 10% power penalty.
(12-01-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]

for trucks that take DEf fluid, there is a 10% silent power derate that kicks in for the engine when you fill the fuel tanks and do not top off the DEf.

Hi Rawze,

So, to be clear you're saying do not add any DEF? I've fueled up twice now, been keeping it in Ninth gear peddling around 1300-1400 rpm and around 45-50 MPH.
No, fill the damn tank. Why you running around with a 3/8 tank of def if you've fueled up twice?
(12-01-2019 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]No, fill the damn tank. Why you running around with a 3/8 tank of def if you've fueled up twice?

Paccardude just called me, he is filling the tank as I type... He sounds like a good kid, eager to learn, he is going to need some help getting this truck in order while figuring out what he just stepped into... I think we have all been there, I know I have.
Are you saying you are driving at 45 to 50mph?? Where cause you are going to get yourself run over
(12-01-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]

I.E.> The engine maker/epa wants you to fill that DEF tank up every time you fuel, or face a silent 10% power penalty.

This is news to me. Some places I fuel don't have Def at the pump so I only get fuel. Will pay more attention in the future.
My truck will use between five and six gallons of DEF every 1000 miles or there about. Don't know if that's a lot or about normal. Just know that's what my truck does.

If only I was close to Atlanta. DEF would be one less thing to worry with.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's