Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2012 freightliner cascadia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) Chs 71 spn 524049 fail 31

2) cab 33 spn 524049 fail 31

3) eng 0 spn 59.6 fail 13

4) eng 0 spn 60.2 fail 13

5) eng 0 spn 60.0 fail 13

6) eng 0 spn 97.3 fail 13

My symptoms that I'm experiencing, truck shuts off and on like crazy. I don't have any lights at all. So I'm thinking something electrical? I do know that my pndb is blinking like crazy on the firewall, would an inoperable pndb cause these symptoms and codes? I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks.
Excuse my manners here, hello everyone. I'm hoping someone would be able to help.
I would start at the PNDB switch. They used to be solidly made, now they are your typical Chinesium quality, a few uses and they break, at least that is my experience. I would replace, or at least remove and inspect. That is where I would start, especially if it is blinking, it should not blink if working correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL3Ta3WsCN0

^^^....good info on the subject
(12-20-2019 )SquareOne Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL3Ta3WsCN0

^^^....good info on the subject

Yep! I just bought one of those switches for a project on my truck, talk about cheap junk. If I owned a Freightliner I would carry a spare, maybe two, LOL! I did not install on mine, it is sitting in a drawer in the garage where it belongs. Not even close to the old quality switches that used to be available out here. Honestly, I could see it easily catching fire too... Something I would seriously consider bypassing or finding another alternative to this "switch".
(12-20-2019 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]I would start at the PNDB switch. They used to be solidly made, now they are your typical Chinesium quality, a few uses and they break, at least that is my experience. I would replace, or at least remove and inspect. That is where I would start, especially if it is blinking, it should not blink if working correctly.

I replaced pndb today and those codes are still on my dash and my lights aren't working as well.
I would disconnect power source to ecm for 30 minutes, and maybe that would do the trick.
(12-21-2019 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]I would disconnect power source to ecm for 30 minutes, and maybe that would do the trick.
When you say disconnect you mean disconnect the battery?
Yes, completely disconnect the batteries. Clean surfaces and seal up the terminals while you have it apart. Check and replace any fuses while you're back there. Fuses are cheap. Just put new in. Even if they test and look good.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's