Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cummins ISX engine oil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sorry to bump it up, but what type Rotella for the 2015/16 ISX? t5 15w40 or?

Much appreciated.
15w40 is fine to run in it. The newer 10w30 is ok also but if you want the longevity of your engine I would stick with 15w40. The small bump in MPG you gain with the lighter oil will cost you in premature engine wear. Remember, Cummins will recommend whatever will get the Engine past it's warranty period. They couldn't care how long it lasts past that point.
(01-05-2022 )montrose818 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bump it up, but what type Rotella for the 2015/16 ISX? t5 15w40 or?

Much appreciated.

You definetly want to stick with 15W40. I use rotella T4 15W40. Rawze recommends adding one gallon of gear lube (GL-4) as well.
Delo fan here but i did have to settle for rotella last change cause of moving and not being close to my normal distributor. I generally use xtreme or mystik gear oil to mix in.
(01-02-2020 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]Rotella here, no issues and it is everywhere...

And 500,000 miles, have you been under the valve cover? If this motor has been subjected to synthetic and extended oil changes, the oil brand may just be the least of your worries. And while you are in there, run an overhead.
Well if you got it over there how much to ship me a case?
Ive been to every damn parts store in the area and no one has rotella
Sam's club often carries 55-gal drums of it.
(01-07-2022 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]Sam's club often carries 55-gal drums of it.

Of Rotella t4? I got a membership there last month.
Yea but they don't have any right now, haven't for months.
(01-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea but they don't have any right now, haven't for months.

Yep same here in the gulf south. I searched within a 500mi radius and couldn't find any. Hard to believe Rotella is that low on supply. Def gives those who have any supply the opportunity to price gouge. Some places around here I've seen ask over $35/gallon! Ridiculous.....guess I'm about to be a Delo man here in the next month or so. Hate to switch, but different oil is better than well used oil....hopefully lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's