Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Obtaining tow hooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have a source to get tow hooks for a T660? Seen a fellow driver in a bind without a tow hook, figured I need to get me at least one of not two.

Been nice if manufacturer had of factory installed something wether it be a hook or a shackle to begin with.

Found some on eBay, they are priced like gold.
Dunno about the t660 but my prostar has removable hooks that latch into slots behind the bumper. They about $150 for a set if i remember right. Was gonna weld some 40k lb d rings on my old one b4 i traded up and the new one had a set.
truck salvage yard.
(02-13-2020 )smorgan87 Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno about the t660 but my prostar has removable hooks that latch into slots behind the bumper. They about $150 for a set if i remember right. Was gonna weld some 40k lb d rings on my old one b4 i traded up and the new one had a set.

T660 has square tube that tow hook slides into and you put a round pin thru a hole behind the bumper to secure tow hook. Like a receivers hitch.
I've seen guys make their own with square stock. Or you may find a tow hook at Tractor supply that'll probably work. If not Lonestar10 has the right idea.
Like lonestar said hit up a junk yard for some, i don't know bout t660's but any w9 ive had theu came with 2 tow hooks from the factory usually stored under the bunk
Reference URL's