Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Replacing oil pump (should I do the dime mod?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not? [attachment=6238]
Is it a 871 or a 2250/2350
Cm2250
I thought with the new pump Cummins has released there were no modifications that could be made plus they already raised the pressures up a few psi with the redesigned pump.
(02-13-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote: [ -> ]My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not?

acutal high oil pressure could also be a failure or blockage in the front structure gasket.

any recent inframe or front structure gasket/geartrain work?
(02-13-2020 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote: [ -> ]My oil pressure at start up for the past couple of weeks has been 90 psi. I have changed the oil pressure sensor twice put a manual gauge on the block to see if dash gauge and scangauge are correct. They are. Cummins quick serve says only 4 things can cause high oil pressure and I would be eliminating 3 of them with a new pump. So while I'm doing it should I put the dimes in or not?

acutal high oil pressure could also be a failure or blockage in the front structure gasket.

any recent inframe or front structure gasket/geartrain work?

No none at all.
(02-13-2020 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]I thought with the new pump Cummins has released there were no modifications that could be made plus they already raised the pressures up a few psi with the redesigned pump.

That thing was $544 it should not need anything.
I understand the new style oil pumps will not except the dime modification and requires pennies. Mr Hagg said something a while back. I would check with him.
This is in my oil pan.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's