Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM871 kickin my Butt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(05-28-2020 )RustyWood Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, DHL just got here with my Inline 6 kit, I've heard some say to get an old Laptop, is that because new ones like mine don't have a 9 pin serial, but I see this kit comes with a USB adapter, shouldn't that work ok, or have any of you seen it just works better to serial?

Old laptop saves you money, plus the consensus is that Windows 7 is the best/easiest to install/run that version of Insite. Windows 10 seems to require a bit of work and many give up and find an old laptop anyway. Another option is to use a newer laptop with Windows 7 running in a VM (Virtual Machine), but that's a little more work to setup plus a lot of hard drive space. The benefit to tha approach is being able to carry only one computer with you. Me, I stole my wife's old laptop and cart that big thing around just for Insite and have a small chromebook for my own personal use.
(05-28-2020 )JimT Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2020 )RustyWood Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, DHL just got here with my Inline 6 kit, I've heard some say to get an old Laptop, is that because new ones like mine don't have a 9 pin serial, but I see this kit comes with a USB adapter, shouldn't that work ok, or have any of you seen it just works better to serial?

Old laptop saves you money, plus the consensus is that Windows 7 is the best/easiest to install/run that version of Insite. Windows 10 seems to require a bit of work and many give up and find an old laptop anyway. Another option is to use a newer laptop with Windows 7 running in a VM (Virtual Machine), but that's a little more work to setup plus a lot of hard drive space. The benefit to tha approach is being able to carry only one computer with you. Me, I stole my wife's old laptop and cart that big thing around just for Insite and have a small chromebook for my own personal use.

Well I guess I am using an old laptop, bought in 2011, and I am still on Windows 7, seemed to install OK, and I updated everything, but starting Insite it's looking for a license, and I don't see anything on the receipt, and the kit only comes with the startup and install info, this came from Hongkong, so how do we get the license ?
Have toEmail seller your PC id to get code or someone might just magically help you in private.
(05-29-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]Have toEmail seller your PC id to get code or someone might just magically help you in private.

I've watched what I can find for videos, even on Cummins website, emailed seller with no response, looked over the Insite disc all to no-avail in understanding where I get a license. Starting software and going to Activate Licenses / Counts in their video, I cannot locate this license info, even trying to use their QuickService Login, it just scrolls a moment and nothing happens. I really don't understand how to get this working ?
What version of Insite are did you get? 7.6.2 is the easiest and most useful to use. Anything version 8.xx and newer you have to jump through some fairly technical hoops to get it to function as a stand alone program without paying for a subscription from cummins.
(05-30-2020 )RustyWood Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]Have toEmail seller your PC id to get code or someone might just magically help you in private.

I've watched what I can find for videos, even on Cummins website, emailed seller with no response, looked over the Insite disc all to no-avail in understanding where I get a license. Starting software and going to Activate Licenses / Counts in their video, I cannot locate this license info, even trying to use their QuickService Login, it just scrolls a moment and nothing happens. I really don't understand how to get this working ?

Send a PM to running rough, he'll get you up and working.
(05-31-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Insite are did you get? 7.6.2 is the easiest and most useful to use. Anything version 8.xx and newer you have to jump through some fairly technical hoops to get it to function as a stand alone program without paying for a subscription from cummins.

Looks to be version 1.11.0.13
Running Rough fixed me up!!
(05-31-2020 )Mattman Wrote: [ -> ]Running Rough fixed me up!!

Good Grief I'm so dense on forums, I don't know how to post pictures and I've been trying to figure out how to PM someone like running rough.

Isn't there a search window for finding members names, and I figured once I can click on their name, a "PM" option would appear as I think I've seen it when I click on someones name who's been part of this conversation. I apologize for not knowing this stuff very well, but I'm hopefully on what will fix my truck with the Injector leak tester, my injectors aren't arriving until Tuesday.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's