Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: exhaust pressure sensing tube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I am changing exhaust manifold gaskets and run into a problem. I was not able to unscrew exhaust pressure sensing tube from both manifold and exhaust pressure sensing housing. After heating tube unscrewed from the housing but not from manifold. I left it hanging there. So , I changed gaskets, bolts , etc and now I think I have damaged threads in the housing. Anybody knows what to do? Maybe you know what kind of thread it is? I do not know for sure but it looks to me metric M12 1.0 . Thanks!
When I changed mine ,I ended up having to cut the type to put a socket on it .
Then I just bought a new one .
When they are stuck like that, cut the pipe part off it then take your time heating it up until the whole fitting is glowing a nice dull red on its own... use a 6-point socket on it, work it back and fourth a little at a time until it comes out.
thank you, that is what i will do. i will give it last chance and if it is stuck will just replace it
same here. mine was so rusted in place that it was bending my open ended wrench trying to turn it. eventually ordered a new pipe then cut the old one and threw a socket on there. didn't need heat, just broke it free and it came right out.
Line wrenches are handy for this.
(05-31-2020 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Line wrenches are handy for this.
i have one , but no luck, today i will just cut it off )))
Reference URL's