Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: clarification on rocker shaft install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to clarify something. I was running the rack again today and was rather alarmed when I measured my exhaust detent clearance at .008" when I reinstalled the rocker assembly...in order to make sure they were installed square (not to buy myself extra space), I left them all a touch loose, loosened the front (where the flat is) and rotated my valve rocker shaft a touch, then snugged up the bolt where that flat was, repeat, etc until I felt it was more square with the bottom of the bolt. I ended up at an average of .030" instead.

Is this correct? I'm not trying to buy myself a false sense of security here...

On an unrelated note, breaking off the top of one of your jake rocker slave pistons sucks. It let go when I went to break the nut loose. Oops.
use the flat on the end to set the rocker shaft in place properly. Sounds like that is what you did.
I always hold one of the other bolts up and use it to roll the shaft back and forth as I use hand pressure to snug up the front bolt.
Reference URL's