Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Volvo 670 with 2250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-28-2020 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2020 )Volvo670 Wrote: [ -> ]I have ran into a problem. The Volvo stealerships in my area only do ecm reflashing on the truck itself, they don't have the setup to do bench-programming. The only other option I could think of was to take it to an shop that "specialize" in ecm's but their programmer is out of vacation and won't be back till next week.
I was going to try a shop but, they got me in this mess to begin with so I didn't consider that...

Any other suggestions I'm not thinking about?

* have you gotten to pulling apart and finishing hollowing out all the cans including the SCR yet?

* Is there a maint. free Crank case filter installed?

* What other hardware mods or block-plates etc. have been done to it?

-- I can perhaps try to straighten out the bad file you sent me, as it is not as bad as some that I see, but it is far easier and safer to just start over so that it guarantees there are no hidden mistakes lurking in it from the ppl that butchered it originally.

*I have not moved the truck since your review. I was waiting on getting a good tune on there before driving it again. But I will get done before running the truck.

**I have not checked the crank case filter TBH, I was going off of Ryder's(seller) maintenance records and they changed it at 490...ish miles but, that is part of the list of items that I will be replacing with this service(hollow cans, harmonic damper/balancer, overhead adj.) I'm at 560k by the way.

***Besides the 6inch hole on the cans, nothing else was done to it.

--If you have time give the file another look and let me know if it can be fixed, I trust your judgement, if you tell me its better to wait then we'll just wait for Monday to get a factory file back on the ECM.
(12-28-2020 )Volvo670 Wrote: [ -> ]*I have not moved the truck since your review. I was waiting on getting a good tune on there before driving it again. But I will get done before running the truck.

**I have not checked the crank case filter TBH, I was going off of Ryder's(seller) maintenance records and they changed it at 490...ish miles but, that is part of the list of items that I will be replacing with this service(hollow cans, harmonic damper/balancer, overhead adj.) I'm at 560k by the way.

--If you have time give the file another look and let me know if it can be fixed, I trust your judgement, if you tell me its better to wait then we'll just wait for Monday to get a factory file back on the ECM.

the repaired file has been sent back to you... you do need to have the mechanical stuff fixed though.... it is just as important.

the cc breather filter needs to be hollowed out or the maint. free one installed along with the exhaust cans being re-done. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950
(12-28-2020 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2020 )Volvo670 Wrote: [ -> ]*I have not moved the truck since your review. I was waiting on getting a good tune on there before driving it again. But I will get done before running the truck.

the repaired file has been sent back to you... you do need to have the mechanical stuff fixed though.... it is just as important.

the cc breather filter needs to be hollowed out or the maint. free one installed along with the exhaust cans being re-done. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950

I got it!!! Thank you very much for all the help sir!
I will be taking care of the cans before going back to work which should be next Monday(thanks to you).
So a little update on today's accomplishments.
We took off the Cans to get them hollowed out. To my surprise the only one that was hollowed out was the SCR Can, the others had a hole on them maybe 4-5 inch in diameter. I'm attaching before and after photos for your entertainment. That's what a $2500 "delete" around regular shops buys you.
I bought the Crankcase Maintenance-free filter and when I was about to put it on, it already had the same one!!

Tomorrow, the cans are going back in and well as the new Harmonic Balancer, IMAP and DeltaP sensors are going to be replaced (don't know if I need to replace them anymore, but rather be safe than sorry).

On the last picture, I broke a coolant hose when I was taking of the SCR. I think it goes in to the Decomp Tube? Should I replace the hose to get it back to how it was or can it be clamped off(cancelled)??

Thank all of you guys for all the help provided!!
[attachment=7369]
[attachment=7370]
[attachment=7371]
[attachment=7372]
If is all hollowed out , the 2 coolant tubes is not needed. can be capped or bypassed.
Don't waste your money on the delta P sensor. But definitely the IMAP and Exhaust gas pressure sensor should be routinely changed to ensure accurate reporting to the ecm.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's