Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Bridgestone M713 Ecopia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I just called around to find a new set of 4 tires to go with the 4 Bridgestone M710 Ecopia's that I bought a couple months back. No one has any and I'm being told that they have been replaced by the M713 Ecopia tires. Supposedly an improvement on the M710's they have a slightly different tread pattern.

So, here's my dilema: Do I go with 4 M713 tires or do I get 3 M726ela (to go with 1 new one already installed)?

The M710's come with 26/32 of tread.
The M713's come with 24/32 of tread.
The M726ela come with 32/32 of tread.

The overall tread design on the 726ela is nearly the same as the 710, however it picks up way less rocks then the 710. The new 713's also appear to have a tighter tread pattern which should pick up less rocks then the 710.

The 726ela also has a MUCH better rolling resistance rating compared to the 726, though not quite as good as the 710.

I guess one of the biggest questions in my case is, will 26/32 on one axle pair ok with 32/32 on the other axle? The 713's, brand new, would be almost identical to the remaining tread on my 710's.

Anyway, looking for advice, opinions, and any feedback. Trying to make a better informed decision.

PS: Incase anyone is wondering, I run mostly highway PA, NY and the northeast. Maybe 1/4 of my deliveries go into job/construction sites of which maybe 25% are dirt/gravel (So 1 out of 16 deliveries on average).
Those 726's are one of the least fuel efficient tire on the market. I guess ppl have started to figure this out.

Unless your hauling really light freight,... those 726's typically will cost you at least 8x more in fuel losses than the more expensive M713's will over time. Not sure about the improvement on the newer 726ela but I would immagine it is not much of an improvement considering that the deeper tread depth and lower quality of rubber is the main culprit.

ALSO... ANY truck newer than 2010 ... must have installed eco-friendly approved tires on it to enter the communist state of california... otherwise it is an $800/fine. The 713's qualify... the older 726's do not. Not sure if the newer style 726's qualify or not though.
(01-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your hauling really light freight,... those 726's typically will cost you at least 8x more in fuel losses than the more expensive M713's will over time. Not sure about the improvement on the newer 726ela but I would immagine it is not much of an improvement considering that the deeper tread depth is the culprit.

Those 726's are one of the least fuel efficient tire on the market.

ALSO... ANY truck newer than 2010 ... must have installed eco-friendly tires on it to enter the communist state fo california... otherwise it is an $800/fine. The 713's qualify... the 726's do not.

The 726el is bad, but the 726ela is a different tire with a MUCH better rating. Though you're right, not listed as carb complient. Not that it matters for my operation.

I'm willing to go with the 713's, if they are a good choice. Just didn't know anything about them as they've only been on the market since early 2020 and never heard anyone mention them.
Would like to add to the topic on tire's.
Recently purchased firestone 692 drive tires, and would like to know the rolling resistance. Also, it is new tire recently introduced. Also, i purchased bridgestone 123 tire's for the trailer, and my fuel mileage is up about .7 miles per gallon.
Reference URL's