Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: RIP CM2250, 2013, 800,000km 20,000 hrs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Y## out of georgia double the price than A#D#P (also known by other names) out of langley, but still about half from reman. Pulled the trigger, talked with the man on the phone. Sounds super nice. This forum gave me the confidence to order something from across the nation in a different country.
I am not loyal to YTS ... there is nothing in it for me.

The reason why I tell ppl to use YTS though is that it is because I have been to his shop more than a few times and can vouch for the quality of work he does. I know he uses proper high-speed balancing machines, and he builds performance turbo's for the racing community here at the Atlanta-motor-speed-way. He is one of those really meticulous people, will not even let his other employees assemble a turbo, he has to do it himself, goes all out and stands behind what he does.
So while I await the turbo from YTS, trucks running well. Boost is where it's supposed to be, good oil pressure, and has been pulling hard without issues. The rest I'll update as this goes along over next few months.

The other side - EGR/SCR/DPF - it had issues with the doser unit before, and before I did an EGR tune I replaced the doser unit, cleaned the lines, and cleaned the DEF tank out. During the rebuild, cleaned out all the pipes, replaced IMAP and Delta P. There's a campaign out on the SCR for full replacement, but cummins is being a d*ck about it (has to show one specific code). But, on the way back from work, these are the codes that have come up now, 16 of them...

SPN 3360 FMI 11 - DEF Controller (Other failure mode)
SPN 3031 FMI 18 - DEF Tank Temp (low)
SPN 4334 FMI 16 - DEF Doser Absolute Pressure (high)
SPN 3363 FMI 16 - DEF Tank Heater (high)
SPN 3360 FMI 19 - DEF Controller (data Error)
SPN 4376 FMI 05 - DEF Return Valve (current below normal)
SPN 3490 FMI 07 - Purge Air Actuator (Not responding Properly)
SPN 4340 FMI 05 - DEF Line Heater 1 State (current below Normal)
SPN 4344 FMI 05 - DEF Line Heater 3 State (current below Normal)
SPN 5480 FMI 16 - DEF Controller Temperature (high)
SPN 4346 FMI 05 - DEF Line heater 4 State (crrent below normal)
SPN 3361 FMI 12 - DEF Dosing Unit (failure)
SPN 3226 FMI 09 - Outlet NOx (abnormal update rate)

One that was on then off:
SPN 4342 FMI 05 - DEF Line Heater 2 State - Current Below Normal

^ WTF? Is there a plug i'm missing to connect or is this whole system f'd. I also took it to cummins on the way back and (i'm waiting for my ebay inline to come in) and the historic regen (while running) showed a mmhg of 1.0 after it ran and a 2.9-3.0 before it ran. It completed one regen today I believe while running.

ESN: 79622428
FYI - 2013 T800 with the 36" bunk.
All those DEF codes make me think to check for issues with wiring harness going to DEF tank and related components.
(02-12-2021 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]All those DEF codes make me think to check for issues with wiring harness going to DEF tank and related components.

It's snowing quite a bit here in Van (for the west coast), so I did a visual inspection of the wiring harness. Not much oil anywhere on it, all the pigtails seem to be in good connection, no bare copper exposed, no signs of melting or heat damage, the position of the harness on the T800 is pretty straightforward to look at.
When they rebuilt the engine, and put back the ECM, would they have had to recalibrate for the re-plugging of the same wiring harness to the ECM?
It's throwing a couple of more codes. It's got an appointment at the stealerships on Tuesday because one of the codes is a trigger to action the SCR replacement campaign (SCR Intake Temp). But I'm guessing this has to be an electrical issue, on quickserve one of the items they go down through is an ECM fault and possible replacement ECM. That's what I don't want to go down for no reason.

Will ask dealersh#t to "re-flash" and "re-calibrate" as i'm thinking these two codes might be main culprit:
SPN 3360 FMI 11 - DEF Controller (Other failure mode)
SPN 3360 FMI 19 - DEF Controller (data Error)

HG
Got the YTS Turbo in van today. Looks great. Packaged well. Question about the VG and the metal "stick?" that connects to the actuator. It looks different. And before i take this to be put on, wanted to show the group here. Any thoughts?

General Image

Old Turbo

New Turbo
Got a response from YTS - it's a newer version of the sliding gear that the actuator moves!

Also all those codes that were coming on before, it was a pinched air line to the def purge actuator. Getting SCR replaced on Friday from the stealerships under the recall. See how that goes.
Wow that's a hell of a lot beefier sliding gear. I wonder if that's a YTS mod or is that an update from holset?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's