Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 1139 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 faults
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a 2015 ISX with multiple Injector Solenoid Driver Faults - Mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment. Kenworth dealer replaced the under valve cover harness and the Engine harness because it was oil soaked and they thought that might be the issue. After a few days the codes returned. We checked the return pressure to see if it was restricted. It was not. There is not a lot else in the trouble shooting guide for these codes other than replacing the injectors. Can't believe all 6 injectors are bad. Truck runs great. Any ideas.
So after they replaced those harnesses everything worked fine and all the codes went away and stayed away for a few days? Trying wiggling the harness, maybe a broken wire/ bad connection on the old side of the harness??
(02-08-2021 )twinturbo Wrote: [ -> ]... Engine harness because ... oil soaked

is the maintenance free cc filter installed?.... any excess blo-by?
is the power level above 600hp? .. does the engine make more than 33~ish lbs boost?

Will it pass a rail leak-down test?

some more background info might be helpful.
Had the same codes from what I can tell from there invoice before and after the new harnesses. Ran 150 miles the last time I cleared the codes last week before coming back up. 525 hp, 31-32 psi boost, maintenance free CC filter, very little blowby. I have not done a leak-down test. We can do that next time he stops by.

Looking back at the last data log that I have the rail pressure went from 2000 bar to 1000 bar in about 14 seconds coasting to a stop in gear with no fuel flow. I am guessing that is going to be my problem. Other trucks I data logged will drop either very little once it settles to a pressure to maybe dropping half as much in the same time period.

Troubling thing is Cummins diagnostics doesn't really have you do much of anything for tests with these multiple code other than check return pressure.

Just talked to tech who worked on this. He did also check return flow with rail pressure jacked up doing a pump test. He said it only returned apx 30 ml of fuel and had almost 0 return pressure. He did not do a pressure drop test.
Something else I just learned, another shop put injector cups in the truck last fall. Now if they mixed up the injectors putting them back in could that cause these codes? Injector barcodes are set to the factory settings in the tune.
Geez how many people had there hands in this thing?
(02-08-2021 )twinturbo Wrote: [ -> ]Something else I just learned, another shop put injector cups in the truck last fall. Now if they mixed up the injectors putting them back in could that cause these codes? Injector barcodes are set to the factory settings in the tune.

If they mis-matched/swapped around the feed-tubes, this could be an issue too. Once they are mated, they are not interchangeable, as they deform to each of their injectors individually to make the proper metal-to-metal seal. those feed tubes that go into the side of the head are NOT interchangeable once they have been installed.
(02-08-2021 )twinturbo Wrote: [ -> ]Got a 2015 ISX with multiple Injector Solenoid Driver Faults - Mechanical system not responding or out of adjustment. Kenworth dealer replaced the under valve cover harness and the Engine harness because it was oil soaked and they thought that might be the issue. After a few days the codes returned. We checked the return pressure to see if it was restricted. It was not. There is not a lot else in the trouble shooting guide for these codes other than replacing the injectors. Can't believe all 6 injectors are bad. Truck runs great. Any ideas.

What did you end up finding the issue was for it setting all 6 injector driver codes?
Reference URL's