Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Tensioners and idler pulley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[attachment=7765][attachment=7766][attachment=7767]This may be repeat info. Bought new tensioners and pulley from Rock Auto. Much better price than dealer for basically the same thing. You might do better if you look around. Mine is a 2010 CM871 in a Peterbilt.

See this post in regards to the idler pulley. I’ve since bought a Cummins one instead.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7683
Thanks for this.... been looking for an alternative as well. Cummins seems out of control for the price they want, Although, they have given me good service
Thanks. Those cummins prices are insane even with a good discount at the parts house.
Thanks!! my a/c one was starting to make noise. great find. :)
Gater, continental and Goodyear also are brand names to look in to. They make belts and tensioners that are OE equivalent and I've used since Ive owned a Cummins of any model. They hold up just as long as OEM and are 1/3 the price of anything direct from cummins. Often cummins slaps a cummins sticker over top of continental, Dayton and Goodyear parts.
Mrkentee, hows the alternative Dayco pulleys and tensioners been holding up for ya these last 4 months? Not much time to get a real review, but just curious if they've had any issue since install. About to order and replace mine shortly.
I just payed 275 for the tensioner on the main belt.
My 'cummins' from their warehouse says dayco right on it.
(09-28-2021 )Pigpen 2869 Wrote: [ -> ]I just payed 275 for the tensioner on the main belt.

Too bad you didn't see this post before purchasing it. There is a mountain of info like this scattered across the site.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's