Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ECM Program Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry if this has been asked in the past, I used the websites search function but couldn't find any relevant information.

Who would I be able to reach out to, to look over my ECM program, see what's been altered and how I can revert it back to stock?

Thanks!

EDIT:
CM871

I already have a backup of the ECM Program saved to my computer.
(06-19-2021 )RMezaJr Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has been asked in the past, I used the websites search function but couldn't find any relevant information.

Who would I be able to reach out to, to look over my ECM program, see what's been altered and how I can revert it back to stock?

Thanks!

EDIT:
CM871

I already have a backup of the ECM Program saved to my computer.

If you already have a backup of it then just e-mail it to me... simple as that.
(06-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have a backup of it then just e-mail it to me... simple as that.

E-mail sent.
(06-20-2021 )RMezaJr Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have a backup of it then just e-mail it to me... simple as that.

E-mail sent.

What I see at a glance...

* Some complete moron flashed your ecm with an Aussie/Mexico file that has the wrong injector offsets for your tier engine, it has EGR still enabled as well... they tried to block some codes for it, suppress some derates that were obviously going to happen, and switch a few things off all in a half-arssed attempt.

* This thing is as bad as it gets ... It is a horrible hot mess and there is no way this engine is going to run properly like this. They also proceeded to jack the power level up to 750+-Horsepower and 1887 torque ... all while it is set to only report 450HP and 1650 torque when connected with Insite.
[attachment=7879]

* They also jacked with the turbo to force it to over-spool like mad and over-boost like crazy.

* The injection timing is also more than +14 BTDC too!!!!... These enigne cannot handle more than about 4 or 5 at 600HP... and only about 3 at 700+ HP... this thing is severely destructive! -- You sure this thing is not a copy of one of those big-name big-time delete companies like the one in colarado or utah!>>??? ... Because this thing looks exactly like their kind of rotten, complete engine killing butcher jobs!

* This engine program is hell bent on destroying that engine in a hurry!... it is beyond nothing but complete garbage and the person who made this program should absolutely be ashamed of themselves!.

* The program is also reporting the WRONG program number. It looks like somone lied to the thing and made it look like the origional ECM program but it is the wrong CPL, the wrong options for that enigne, etc.

I hope you did not pay any money for this experimental garbage that is not worth putting in a lawn-mower nonetheless a $40,000 commercial engine!.

BTW: The program is also extremely old (even though it is the wrong program) and out of date. It has some known issues from cummins in it... and the ecm needs an update badly.

BTW: What is the engine ser#?.. that data is missing in the program along with all the other OEM data to make it talk properly to the ABS and other cab systems. <- maybe they copied this garbage from another truck and slapped it into yours and stripped that data away?

- you need to get that program out of that ECM and engine A.S.A.P.! - IT IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!. Engien may seem to run and likely seem to "pull ok" but it is set to completely rip that engines guts/liners out!. I see that you've been getting 7+ mpg (meaning you have not been running it really hard) according to its data .. but that is also being fooled by the bad injector quantities and fooling it into showing more fuel mileage than its really getting. It not being run hard is the only thing that has made it last this long so far.. however, if its been driven on this garbage for a while... I seen liner fretting issues and other head problems (or a cracked piston) in your near future!... If it does not send a piston thru the block without any warning that is.

Welcome to the bad delete club!
(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]* They also jacked with the turbo to force it to over-spool like mad and over-boost like crazy.

This explains why the engine would derate and blow a bunch of smoke when I would push it uphill. I've kept the turbo at 30 PSI max and it has not done that since.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]* The injection timing is also more than +14 BTDC too!!!!... These enigne cannot handle more than about 4 or 5 at 600HP... and only about 3 at 700+ HP... this thing is severely destructive! -- You sure this thing is not a copy of one of those big-name big-time delete companies like the one in colarado or utah!>>??? ... Because this thing looks exactly like their kind of rotten, complete engine killing butcher jobs!

I wasn't informed when it was done, but this was done locally in Southern California. I will reach out to previous owner and find out when it was done. It could be that this shop copied an ECM from a truck done at one of those shops in Colorado or Utah.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you did not pay any money for this experimental garbage that is not worth putting in a lawn-mower nonetheless a $40,000 commercial engine!.

It was purchased with the bad programming.

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: What is the engine ser#?.. that data is missing in the program along with all the other OEM data to make it talk properly to the ABS and other cab systems. <- maybe they copied this garbage from another truck and slapped it into yours and stripped that data away?

I will email you the serial shortly. As for the ABS, I noticed a cut wire underneath the dash with an ABS label on it. Could that be the reason its not communicating or does it seem to be wiped from the ECM completely?

(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]- you need to get that program out of that ECM and engine A.S.A.P.! - IT IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!. Engien may seem to run and likely seem to "pull ok" but it is set to completely rip that engines guts/liners out!. I see that you've been getting 7+ mpg (meaning you have not been running it really hard) according to its data .. but that is also being fooled by the bad injector quantities and fooling it into showing more fuel mileage than its really getting. It not being run hard is the only thing that has made it last this long so far.. however, if its been driven on this garbage for a while... I seen liner fretting issues and other head problems (or a cracked piston) in your near future!... If it does not send a piston thru the block without any warning that is.

What would be the best course of action to revert this program to the original? Would a dealership be able to flash it back to stock given the serial? Would that include the OEM data you mentioned earlier in this post?

Thanks!
(06-20-2021 )RMezaJr Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the best course of action to revert this program to the original? Would a dealership be able to flash it back to stock given the serial? Would that include the OEM data you mentioned earlier in this post?

Thanks!

That would depend on how you got the program out of it... and what hardware mods were done to it.

* it still have the Vg turbo on it?. some of the codes were blocked in the bad-delete program making it unclear.

*egr cooler still on it?

* if you are able to pull the program / have a laptop with an adapter, you could straighten it out yourself after having it flashed back to latest OEM for the truck according to its ser#. <- most stealers$its can put it back stock... but you have to remove and take the ecm to them to have it done.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid58675
(06-20-2021 )RMezaJr Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: What is the engine ser#?.. that data is missing in the program along with all the other OEM data to make it talk properly to the ABS and other cab systems. <- maybe they copied this garbage from another truck and slapped it into yours and stripped that data away?

I will email you the serial shortly. As for the ABS, I noticed a cut wire underneath the dash with an ABS label on it. Could that be the reason its not communicating or does it seem to be wiped from the ECM completely?

- According to the engine ser#, this engine is a 400ST (CPL2732) build... 400HP, Smart torque, mid-tier build. NO way is that thing going to hold up reliably to big=-horsepower and all the torture that program is going to try and make it do.

If you purchased it like that, then I feel sorry for you. It likely is ready for an inframe if it has any run time on it much at all w that bad program ... and highly suspicious as being was sold as such.

Next would be to find out what was done to the engine on the hardware side of things and to the exhaust system. It has to all come apart and be inspected to see if it is 100% hollow to the metal (as free-flowing as possible), or if some complete idiot has only partially hollowed it, or done some other stupid things.
Man, I hate seeing these types of threads, over and over. On the flip side, without Rawze and this site there likely wouldn't be any awareness of this anywhere. very sad.
(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]* it still have the Vg turbo on it?. some of the codes were blocked in the bad-delete program making it unclear.

*egr cooler still on it?

It still has the vg turbo and the egr cooler.

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]* if you are able to pull the program / have a laptop with an adapter, you could straighten it out yourself after having it flashed back to latest OEM for the truck according to its ser#. <- most stealers$its can put it back stock... but you have to remove and take the ecm to them to have it done.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid58675

Stealers$its gave me a ballpark of 350 to have it flashed back to OEM. I have an Inline 6 and laptop. Would I need Insite or CT? Also would OEM have a stock tune or would I have to get it tuned?

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]If you purchased it like that, then I feel sorry for you. It likely is ready for an inframe if it has any run time on it much at all w that bad program ... and highly suspicious as being was sold as such.

I spoke to previous owner who said he used the truck for a year in this configuration before letting it sit for an additional year.

(06-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]Next would be to find out what was done to the engine on the hardware side of things and to the exhaust system. It has to all come aparty and be inspected to see if it is 100% hollow to the metal (as free-flowing as possible), or if some complete idiot has only partially hollowed it, or done some other stupid things.

Previous owner said he was given a box to throw out when it was done. He said the box only contained what was cut out of the filter.

(06-21-2021 )JimT Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I hate seeing these types of threads, over and over. On the flip side, without Rawze and this site there likely wouldn't be any awareness of this anywhere. very sad.

Hopefully its not too late for me. I haven't been running it very hard since I got it. I'm sure its pretty stupid to be running it at all but hopefully I can get this fixed with this weeks check.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's