Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm870 idling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should I be raising the RPM’s to idle my CM870 overnight or should I just leave it at regular idle speed?
I always set mine to idle at 800RPM. I think 600RPM is too low and starves the overhead cams a bit.
(08-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]I always set mine to idle at 800RPM. I think 600RPM is too low and starves the overhead cams a bit.

Thanks! Was wondering because I always bump it up but wasn’t sure if I was burning more fuel than need be or accumulating more soot since it has an EGR.
(08-14-2021 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]I always set mine to idle at 800RPM. I think 600RPM is too low and starves the overhead cams a bit.

Thanks! Was wondering because I always bump it up but wasn’t sure if I was burning more fuel than need be or accumulating more soot since it has an EGR.

CM870: Some people unplug the EGR temp sensor while it idles.. prevents the extra soot and saves fuel. Check engine like with come one but it will not shut down on you.
(08-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2021 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]

CM870: Some people unplug the EGR temp sensor while it idles.. prevents the extra soot and saves fuel. Check engine like with come one but it will not shut down on you.

If I leave it unplugged all the time will something mess up?
(08-14-2021 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]If I leave it unplugged all the time will something mess up?

Some people run them a million miles + like that .. It makes a turbo derate and the turbo runs a bit hotter than normal.
Reference URL's