Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Component 138
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is component #138 spn520660. 2020 567 x15. Symptoms is intermittent abs, traction control and esp lights stay illuminated...
Its an OEM code, what make of truck is this?
(09-20-2021 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Its an OEM code, what make of truck is this?
Peterbilt 567
When is the last time you re-torqued all the hub bearings and put them back into spec? .. it is suposed to be done every 250k miles... The most common cause of ABS alarms and/or blown wheel seals are due to neglect of re-torquing all the hub bearings at regular intervals.
(09-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]When is the last time you re-torqued all the hub bearings and put them back into spec? .. it is suposed to be done every 250k miles... The most common cause of ABS alarms and/or blown wheel seals are due to neglect of re-torquing all the hub bearings at regular intervals.

Ill check that, truck has about 280k miles. If it is a sensor i would expect it would only illuminate the abs light instead of esp and traction control. This is first time i had an issue with a truck that has a esp/yaw rate sensor...maybe they throw codes differently
(09-21-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]When is the last time you re-torqued all the hub bearings and put them back into spec? .. it is suposed to be done every 250k miles... The most common cause of ABS alarms and/or blown wheel seals are due to neglect of re-torquing all the hub bearings at regular intervals.

Ill check that, truck has about 280k miles. If it is a sensor i would expect it would only illuminate the abs light instead of esp and traction control. This is first time i had an issue with a truck that has a esp/yaw rate sensor...maybe they throw codes differently

Just trying to thow out there, the obvious stuff to ensure is correct first.
Found the problem, one of the modulator wires had rubbed through and was shorting to ground...
(09-22-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote: [ -> ]Found the problem, one of the modulator wires had rubbed through and was shorting to ground...

Maybe post a pic or 2 of where it was on the truck for others and for future reference?
(09-23-2021 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote: [ -> ]Found the problem, one of the modulator wires had rubbed through and was shorting to ground...

Maybe post a pic or 2 of where it was on the truck for others and for future reference?

I dont have a pic, but it was along left frame rail, wire was rubbing on front drive torque arm
Reference URL's