Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: What should I do next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bought a used truck, put an amsoil bypass filter on that I found a link to on this forum. New tappets and plungers on my isx15 2350 450. 245k miles on the motor. I will be changing oil based on fuel consumption like stated in the forum. In the future I plan on getting an apu, I currently only idle to recharge batteries when they are down to 12 volts. Rawze and friends have helped guide me this far and I'm grateful. Please don't be to harsh on me lol.
Oh yeah just wanted to add that my tappets didn't have great "bounce back" when pushed in and the roller thing were starting to show grooves. Thanks for grinding that into my head. You saved me from myself before I even started. (Tappets were not ceramic so must have been changed already but needed it again)
Does it pass a leakdown test? If not the check valves in the head could be bad. That's what the "bounce test" is looking at.
Forgive my ignorance but I don't know what that is. I had an overhead done on the engine but I'm pretty sure that's different.
It's a test you run using insite. Rawze has a video about how to do it but I couldn't find it on YouTube. I'm sure he'll be by shortly and will post it.
(11-21-2021 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a test you run using insite. Rawze has a video about how to do it but I couldn't find it on YouTube. I'm sure he'll be by shortly and will post it.

because youtuibe banned it for some stupid reason. I had to put it over on Lybry...

Simple enough explanation, easy to understand. I will need to look into this. I've been told that the injectors can go back and that the heads cab also Crack. I'm not anywhere I can run this test but I will make it a priority asap. Thank you guys!
Oh the joys of owning a truck. My carrier bearing broke. I'm on the side of the road at a slanted angle (to the right) am I going to hurt my motor if I idle it for 5-10 minutes occasionally to build battery voltage up? Mechanic will be out tomorrow morning and I have the fridge, tv and Hazzard lights on.
I want to add that I do not have an impact to lock it down or break it off or a means to go get a new bearing from my current location. Please don't spank me for not doing the repair myself.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's