Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ISX 15 Demandate vs fix.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-17-2022 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]those fault codes point directly to J1939 communications errors.. Likely some corroded wiring?

So my problem doesn't look like an emissions issue, but rather a wiring issue? At what point do I toss the towel in on this truck? Or is my problem two fold? The emissions and the wiring?
(01-17-2022 )730Industries Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2022 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]those fault codes point directly to J1939 communications errors.. Likely some corroded wiring?

So my problem doesn't look like an emissions issue, but rather a wiring issue? At what point do I toss the towel in on this truck? Or is my problem two fold? The emissions and the wiring?

I might be reading this wrong, but first off, I think you need your cans baked and de-ashed. Those regen history numbers are showing up to 7 InHG. Rawze, correct me if I'm wrong, but anything above 3 inHG is excessive restriction. This is the first i've seen this in PSI.

Secondly, get a quickserve account set up online, and dive into the wiring diagram of the engine with your ESN. I've had multiple codes show up, I spent months asking around, and not until I dove deep into all of the codes, and the relationship with each cable, was I able to solve it. And the problem? It was a 14pin connector that had the lock broken on it. 5$ part, that's it.

You may choose to reverse the order, it wasn't a stepwise statement.
Check the harness connections that mounts to the DPF can. Mine had a couple wires melted/broken( inside the connector) and caused me all kinds of grief. its a big plug the connect the harness from the DOC,DPF,SCR, outlet Nox and the differntial pressure sensor to the harness that goes to the computer. Make sure to take it apart and inspect the wires for being loose/broken and or melted. Guessing Rawze is right about this being a wiring issue to start with. Next being an injector that started all you issues. pull your exhaust off after the turbo and see if you have fuel in the pipe and do a snap test.. And get yourself a copy of insite, that is manditory as you really cant do squat without it..
Make and model of truck?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's