Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Turn key, no start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every so often when I turned the key to start my truck, it wouldn’t do anything the first time, sometimes twice. Then one day it wouldn’t start after several tries. I banged on the starter, and it started right up. So I replaced the starter, and the “P” lead broke off when I took it apart. Aha! That was it.
Well, it wasn’t. Still did it off and on. I replaced the switch. Soon enough, it was doing it again.
I found that the solenoid was throwing out, but starter wouldn’t turn.
I have searched in vain for the starter relay, and I don’t think this truck has one. I pulled them all and it still started. I think it’s controlled by the cecu cab controller. So I cleaned up the grounds, and we’ll see how it goes.
Any ideas? It’s a 2010 Peterbilt 386.
(03-05-2022 )Mrkentee Wrote: [ -> ]the “P” lead broke off when I took it apart. Aha! That was it.
Well, it wasn’t. Still did it off and on.

Don't you hate when that happens.
2010 peterbilt should be on the firewall passenger side...it is on my 2009....there is 2 large 70amp relays there. One is ignition other is starter.
(03-05-2022 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]2010 peterbilt should be on the firewall passenger side...it is on my 2009....there is 2 large 70amp relays there. One is ignition other is starter.

I’ll look again.
I should clarify...the firewall out in the engine bay...
[attachment=8322]
(03-05-2022 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]I should clarify...the firewall out in the engine bay...

Nothing there. All I have is these two big fuses. I’m going to check under the dash on passenger side where the wires go in.
[attachment=8325][attachment=8323I found these connectors under the dash. Can anyone interpret these numbers?
They probably correspond with the wiring schematic. Not very useful without it.
(03-06-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]They probably correspond with the wiring schematic. Not very useful without it.

I unplugged and no starter at all. There’s supposed to be a relay for that system you can bypass, but I can’t find it, or the starter relay. It’s like there’s another fuse panel somewhere that I just can’t find.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's