Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: isx 15 check engine light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own 2016 Peterbilt 579 with Cummins ISX15 (07/2015) Engine ESN 79861398.Engine odometer 489 568 miles. I got Check engine light ON about a month ago. My mechanic checked with Cummins Insite and told me it is code 1144 and 1145. Truck was running great empty or loaded, no issue .They replaced 5th and 6th injector and also they replaced Injector harness and fuel pressure relieve valve and also they rebuild my fuel pump. Maybe after 80 miles from mechanic shop check engine light was ON again and I finished my trip and returned and they checked again and it was same code 1144 this time .Truck is running great with engine light on or off,no difference .They preformed Injector test on Cummins Insite and all 6 injectors passed .Anyone can help me what is wrong with this ? Thanks
Do a leakdown test and fix the leaks.
(03-12-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Do a leakdown test and fix the leaks.

Can you tell me how to do that? This leak down test can be performed with Cummins insite ? Thanks
Update : I tried temporary new ECM and check engine light was ON and then I replaced engine harness and also my check engine was ON . Someone suggest to me on different forum that exhaust gas pressure sensors may cause error code 1144 .
I replaced sensor and after 2 days of driving my engine light finally disappear and stays off. It was 2 weeks ago and 4000 miles so far and it is off since then.
I get the same code from time to time. 1145. I can’t tell you that something isn’t going on with yours but I can tell you that mine seems to be a ghost code. I have no lose of performance. No decrease in MPG. No nothing. Everything is as it should.

Funny thing about that code is that Insite doesn’t even associate that code with the ISX15 CM2350, only the CM2250. However that doesn’t mean much as you still need to reference back to quickserve.

So, back to you and 1145. It may simply be ghosting. If you’re not feeling anything in how it’s running. MPG as is normal. All things status quo, run the truck. If it’s like mine the code will eventually go out.

My two cents.
The injector performance test in insite is pretty much useless. Someone also needs to make sure it passes an injector leak test and see what the actual leak rate is. it should not leak down more than 4,000 psi in one minute. Here is how to do that test...

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262
Reference URL's