Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: W-900 aftermarket air ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a 1995 w900 with studio sleeper....the cab has no air ride but the sleeper does??? Looked at the cabmate setup but with my front cabmounts and how close sleeper is to the rear cab mount it won't work. Does anyone here have a solution to improve the ride of this truck? After much online investigation it seems I must add air ride to the front axle and then ditch the 8bag rear suspension and go with a Pete low leaf or flex air set-up. Your thought and experience is greatly appreciated.
I have only ran the KW900 with the 8 bag suspension.... It has always ridden like a Cadillac. Of course, your experience may vary. There are a few things that will affect the ride. How long is your frame, do you run with the fifth wheel slid extreme forward, are you using super singles. I do know that putting air ride on your steering will cause nothing but problems. I don't know anybody personally that has liked it.

I run a 280 wheel base, a spread axle flat bed, heavy, stretch trailers, and my ride has always been great except when I need to slide all the way forward.

Are you experiencing a bad vibrations, bouncing, or just feeling those California roads?
5th wheel is 3/4 towards the back...my w/b is 280... I live in NEPA and the roads around here are horrible. I'm putting on a "cabmate" air ride setup...this should take some of the jarring out of the ride.
When was the last time the truck had new bushing's?. I recall mine riding much better, when the truck was rebushed.
Reference URL's