Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Is it a good engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, what do you think about abuse history I pulled from the truck? I attached abuse history and trip report data for it. I can't make up my mind. Thanks!
I extracted advanced ECM data from couple of trucks, but where could I learn more about it? Like duty cycle? What should it be ? And all other stuff. Thanks!
From a quick glance it looks like a typical worn out abused engine. 75% of the fuel it burned was in top gear, average rpm 1260 max rpm 2190.......it's been lugged its whole life. It's either an auto trans or super tall rears, maybe both.
(04-14-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]From a quick glance it looks like a typical worn out abused engine. 75% of the fuel it burned was in top gear, average rpm 1260 max rpm 2190.......it's been lugged its whole life. It's either an auto trans or super tall rears, maybe both.

Thanks, what do you think about oil pressure below 5 psi? 33 hours, is it normal???
Also the truck has no codes for low oil pressure.
I wished local Cummins dealer. They told me that my data doesn't make a lot of sense, because I have no fault codes for this , especially shutdown fault codes. They told me maybe it is a glitch or something. I am not convinced at all.... don't know what to do
Wow, total morons. Are you just gonna keep asking until someone tells you to go ahead and buy it, and that it's gonna be great, with no problems and go atleast another million miles???

That motor was abused, we know that for a fact. It probably needs an inframe RIGHT NOW. You have all the information you need to make an informed decision. It just seems like you want to convince yourself of something that isn't true.

And as a side note.... if you plan to rely on that or any other dealer to keep you in business, your already out of business and don't even know it yet.
(04-20-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, total morons. Are you just gonna keep asking until someone tells you to go ahead and buy it, and that it's gonna be great, with no problems and go atleast another million miles???

That motor was abused, we know that for a fact. It probably needs an inframe RIGHT NOW. You have all the information you need to make an informed decision. It just seems like you want to convince yourself of something that isn't true.

And as a side note.... if you plan to rely on that or any other dealer to keep you in business, your already out of business and don't even know it yet.
Thanks for advice. I own the truck. I drive the other truck though. I was thinking about putting some money in it and driving it instead , but I think I will just keep driving my old volvo.
And I also want to know about abuse engine feature in Insite, so next time before buying something I would check it more thoroughly.
And of cause I want to hear all opinions on it, maybe somebody else had that before and it was no big deal. Who knows. Truck starts good, drives ok,just this problem with oil pressure....
I will sell the truck, but I still very interested in the details of my abuse report. Somebody could explain how could this be true. 33 hours with less than 5 psi pressure, but no fault codes, no engine shutdown fault codes, nothing. The other truck I own Volvo with 1,300,000 miles have very clean abuse history, so questions remain.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's