Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Air line for fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?
Not sure...... I've used air line for fuel though, never had a problem.
(04-23-2022 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?

I would not suggest using air lines for fuel. they will get brittle in short order and crack, flake, and be problematic. I also highly doubt the truck maker used air lines for fuel as well.
Volvo uses a plastic style fuel line, completely different from an air line.
(04-23-2022 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2022 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m in the process of replacing my fuel sender and decided to replaced the fuel lines as well.Noticed that my truck has air lines for fuel.Dated 2000.Can I use new air line or is there only a certain type that is multi use?

I would not suggest using air lines for fuel. they will get brittle in short order and crack, flake, and be problematic. I also highly doubt the truck maker used air lines for fuel as well.

I found it odd when I looked at it and saw that it was an air line and when I saw the date of 2000 and my truck is a 2003 I got to wondering if that’s what Navistar used.Is there a specific type of hose that you suggest?
Freightliner uses plastic lines also. I would think that compression fittings could be used to retrofit a fuel system from rubber to plastic if needed.
The blue Aeroquip SAE100R5 air hose I use is rated for hydraulic fluid, diesel, gas, oil, coolant, etc.
Reference URL's