Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cummins low power and boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all. I wish I would've known of this site before having my truck de-mandated. Paid3k and truck now has empty cans but low boost and cant even get out of it's own way. Shop said my turbo must be bad(even though the truck was turned up and ran like a dream when dropped off.....just wast congested in the tailpipe. Is there something that needs to be done? Guy with the laptop said all they do is turn of sensors and never have trouble afterwards...he is clueless and obviously I am too or wouldn't have spent my last dime to get this done. PLEASE HELP 2013 Cummins isx15 in kenworth t660
thank you
YUP! -- IF IT IS NOT MM - 2 ---- IT IS A BAD DELETE!!!

YOU SHOULD BE IN PANIC MODE UNTIL YOU GET IT LOOKED AT BY SOMEONE WHO DEOS MM ON THEM PROPERLY!
Truck details? Location?
If you need help extracting the tune for inspection feel free to pm me
Please forgive my lack of knowledge, what is MM-2?
Also it's a 2013 isx15 with almost 800,00miles on it but runs(ran) like a dream before tune other than having to force regen everyday.
Told the guy earlier that I would be picking it up from his shop in the morning and taking it somewhere else but he let me know to relax cause he went in and changed "alot" of calibrations and it should be good now...
(05-11-2022 )Toolatenow Wrote: [ -> ]Please forgive my lack of knowledge, what is MM-2?
Also it's a 2013 isx15 with almost 800,00miles on it but runs(ran) like a dream before tune other than having to force regen everyday.
Told the guy earlier that I would be picking it up from his shop in the morning and taking it somewhere else but he let me know to relax cause he went in and changed "alot" of calibrations and it should be good now...

It seems pretty obvious that you have no clue what you have just gotten yourself into there... and have been thoroughly taken advantage of for it. We see it every day around here.

To answer a couple of questions...

'MM-2' is the name of a demandate programming method that properly uses the engine's already built in no-egr operating modes from the factory. - YES, the engine already has operating modes build into the ecm programming it that can operate the engine with all that stuffs shut off. Unfortunately, none of the shops out there use this method. Instead, they all want to charge thousands of $$$ for garbage that they copied off of some auto/truck tuning web-forum and then make a lot of moneys by exploit the h#ell out of the truck owners ignorance on the subject, all while severely shortening the engine life along the way too.

here is some fine reading for ya on this subject...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review. I will tell you what someone did with an unbiased opinion ... good, bad, and downright ugly if necessary. Just this week alone, I have reviewed about 15 programs.. and every single one of them were downright scary and destructive to the engine... most of which the truck owner swore it seemed to run ok.. that is, until it was too late, one lost a head gasket, a couple blew up turbos, one got a piston thru the block, and a couple of people that luckily caught the bad programming before it destroyed their engines.

The problem is that more than 90%+ of all demandate programming is beyond horrible. It is a plague in the trucking industry.

What it comes right down to is that most all of these clown who do this stuffs don't want you to know anything .. and they will do literally anything to hide the fact that their programming is nothing but outright garbage that they copied off another truck or they got off the interwebs.. and then started charging people $$$ big bucks for it. Frankly, most of them that do this stuff really don't care that it results in severely shortening the life of your engine in the end.

I have been reviewing ecm files for people (thousands of them by now) for several years now and as it stands, there has been less than 10 people that I have ever come across on the whole of the planet so far who actually know anything about PROPER ecm+engine programming at all, and even among them ... I have had to teach most of it to them to get them up to snuff enough so that they can be officially recommended without having to worry about them blowing someone's engine up or shortening its lifespan severely. - All the rest of the 'tuning' shops out there are just a bunch of clowns that are beyond clueless and have only barely managed to figure out how to copy, poke at, and half-arsse make check engine lights go away.

What all of these idiots are all calling 'ecm tuning' is beyond a complete joke!. They are doing nothing but a simple 'jail-breaking' of the ecm computer only (by mostly copying engine destroying garbage off each other) ... and they get those check engine lights to go away .. but an engine that is attached to this ecm suffers greatly in the end. They TRULY have no clue how the bulk of it all it works.. or how make a modern diesel engine run properly at all. The engine itself is what always suffers the fate of these facts after such hack-n-slash garbage mods are done to the program... and then everyone blames the design of the head, or gaskets, or pistons, or claim the turbo is crappy and fails all the time.. etc.. all of them denying the fact that they themselves are the direct cause of all of these problems, starting the day they put that 'tune' in there.

The result is that more than 90% of every truck owner who has a 'custom tune' done/delete, simply trades away any DPF problems .. with regular engine and/or turbocharger failures and expens$$ive inframes due to catastrophic failures every few years or so instead.
Rawze, I appreciate you replying back to me, Thank you for all that you do sir.
How do I copy the ecm program and can I screw anything up doing it? I ask because it seems I've stepped in sh*t over and over lately trying to avoid stepping in it
(05-11-2022 )Toolatenow Wrote: [ -> ]Rawze, I appreciate you replying back to me, Thank you for all that you do sir.
How do I copy the ecm program and can I screw anything up doing it? I ask because it seems I've stepped in sh*t over and over lately trying to avoid stepping in it

you need a data-link adapter and a laptop with the 'C a l t e r m' software on it to copy the program out. The SfWare can usually be had for free or for a few $$ on the webs ... it is not that hard to get a hold of and there are also plenty of videos and instructions -=how-to's=- document floating around on how to get the program copied out. It is not difficult, but it does take someone who at least knows their way around a pc a bit on a basic level (someone who knows how to copy files, do e-mails, etc. fairly well).

Here is some related info if you want to tackle everything yourself towards straightening it all out -- ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

Not everyone knows how to use a PC .. so they could always try to get with forum members 'running rough' or 'RollinCoal' or possibly 'Mr. Hag' on the private messaging if they need help with getting the program copied out of it so that it can be reviewed.
So..... I paid someone to fix the previous bad delete. They quickly stated that the delete was not proper and was a copy/past bs program that would probably work for a pickup but was horrible for this isx. Truck seems alot better but now have different issues. When turbo boost is at 15+ for 5seconds I get a CEL until it drops below 15 for 5sec. They added an egr block off plate before this started and I've already replaced the sensor on the intake so i thought I'd try to run without the plate to see if it improved...there is green liquid that looks like coolant and the pipe is full of it but my coolant is red. Is this normal? Any ideas on the light?
Thank you
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's