Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: HVAC AIR COND MICRO RELAY Clicking behind dash.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2016 Peterbilt 389. I’ve replaced the relay. I changed the temperature blender actuator. I put a new belt. I replaced the o rings on the compressor lines.And now a new AC compressor. I also replaced both AC filters and made sure evaporator core was clean. STILL CLICKING!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It’s driving me nuts! Lol
That relay is most likely controlled by the body controller. It may need a software update, or it could be sensing some other issue causing it to cycle the relay....you need a shop to hook up ESA and fing out what is causing that issue.
(08-30-2022 )Dorito Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2016 Peterbilt 389. I’ve replaced the relay. I changed the temperature blender actuator. I put a new belt. I replaced the o rings on the compressor lines.And now a new AC compressor. I also replaced both AC filters and made sure evaporator core was clean. STILL CLICKING!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It’s driving me nuts! Lol

I have a similar issue with this relay...Did you get this resolved?
I had a relay clicking behind the dash in my western star. It turned out to we a bundle of wires rubbing against the starter finally rubbed through and would intermittently ground out.
(09-06-2022 )Pete365_Tampa Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2022 )Dorito Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2016 Peterbilt 389. I’ve replaced the relay. I changed the temperature blender actuator. I put a new belt. I replaced the o rings on the compressor lines.And now a new AC compressor. I also replaced both AC filters and made sure evaporator core was clean. STILL CLICKING!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! It’s driving me nuts! Lol

(07-12-2023 )Dorito Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2022 )Pete365_Tampa Wrote: [ -> ]

Reference URL's