Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Broken EGR cooler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After smelling exhaust in my cab I searched around and discovered my EGR cooler is broken where the clamp for the bellows is. My engine is not de-mandated and I’m wondering if I can just leave it this way or block it off somehow. I’ve also recently noticed a loss in power when loaded on hills. Could this be part of that problem?
You can’t leave it that way, you can repair it or demandate it and block it off. Well I guess you can leave it that way but you won’t like the outcome
If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?
(09-21-2022 )Hemiterry Wrote: [ -> ]If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?

first and foremost, if you block it off.. the YES... the engine needs a proper de-mandate program made for it.

your other option IS TO FIX IT AND STOP TRYING TO NICKEL AND DIME A $40,000 COMMERCIAL ENGINE!!!... THAT IS A PISS POOR WAY TO DO THINGS TO DRIVE IT AROUND LIKE THAT WITH IT BROKEN.. AND IT IS NOT ONLY EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FOR YOU.... BUT FOR THE MOTORI9NG PUBLIC AND A LAWSUIT FOR A FEW MILLIONS WHEN YOU FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL FROM CARBON-MONIXED POISONING AND YOU SLAM INTO A CHURCH BUSS FULL OF KIDS!.
Reference URL's