Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: International 9200 suddenly won’t crank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, I’ve been fighting a sudden issue with my 07 International 9200 for almost a week now and am at a loss on what’s wrong. Long story short, truck has always cranked just fine and fired it up last Tuesday morning no problem. Got to customer after driving a few hours cut it off and it wouldnt crank back up. When I turn the key to accessories it reads about 12v on the gauge and radio,cb, etc power up fine but when I attempt to crank it loses all voltage and will barely turn over once if at all. So far I’ve replaced all four batteries, starter solenoid, and all the ground and jumper wires in the battery box. Currently checking and cleaning the connections at the starter but any help/advice would be VERY MUCH appreciated! Between buying parts I may not
need and downtime, it’s getting expensive. Thanks to any help or guidance you may have.
First, try to turn the engine over by hand. If it feels ok then ...

Maybe the starter has gone bad?.

Maybe bad ground somewhere that has corroded thru?.

If it is really hard to turn by hand then remove the belts... see if it frees it up. Otherwise, it may be a spun bearing somewhere?.
Hey Rawze, as always thank you for your help! You’ve saved me multiple times with this truck especially when I had the head replaced and we didn’t know about the head plug. I should have mentioned earlier that we jumped the truck off the starter and it runs perfectly fine with no issues. Just won’t crank. I’m thinking the issue is between the starter and the batteries. In the am we plan on testing the voltage at the batteries and then at the starter and while attempting to crank. Thinking corrosion got into one or both of the main power wires. At this point I just want it fixed!
Lol
Somewhere between the solenoid on top of the starter and the switch in the cab there should be a solenoid/relay that looks like this, https://www.google.com/search?q=1693479c...e&ie=UTF-8
Usually on the engine side of the firewall towards the center. The switch in the cab triggers it sending power down to the start post on the starter solenoid. That firewall mounted solenoid is a common failure. Try jumping acroos the two big posts on that solenoid. If that starts it either the solenoid is bad or the wiring to or from it. Have seen the greenies get in the big wires. Usually from the solenoid down to the starter.
Reference URL's