Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you could post pics of the fuel tanks, the fuel lines and everything else would be great for us to see. It’s hard to know for if we can’t see a potential problem.
(02-22-2023 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be possible that the standpipe in the tank that has higher level of fuel be broken off, or have pinholes ?

Yeah I'm sure it's possible. Problem I have is being able to properly check them. They are not removable, appear to be welded in the threaded tank port. I used a bore scope to look at the stand pipe while the engine was running, with the fuel level low so most of standpipe was not submersed in fuel. I did not see any fuel leaking around outside of pipe. This was after I removed the pump return from top of the tank. There was no fuel splashing in like there had been. I know it's not a definite test to say they aren't cracked, but I don't know what else to do. I'm not buying new tanks, that I know.
(02-22-2023 )Volvo8873 Wrote: [ -> ]If you could post pics of the fuel tanks, the fuel lines and everything else would be great for us to see. It’s hard to know for if we can’t see a potential problem.

For some reason, I can't attach pictures. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I can't get it to work. I'll try again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's