Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I replaced the factory radio on my 2014 T680 last week with a Jensen 1635BT unit so I could have bluetooth for both calling and streaming. I didn't not have to use any adapter harnesses. Everything plugged in fine with the exception of a single connector on the truck side that has a blue wire going into it. There is also an unused blue wire on the head unit that is to power an external amplifier. I did not use it. The bluetooth works perfectly fine but I get horrible FM reception and absolutely no AM reception. Where did I go wrong?
Sounds like the antenna wire isnt connected or the antenna or wire is bad. Unless you have a bad head unit thats literally all that has anything to do with your radio signal
Evidently these trucks use a powered antenna. I pulled the headunit and spliced together the unused blue wire on the truck to the blue 12v AMP wire on the head unit and reception instantly improved.
Reference URL's