Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Continental Batteries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3 weeks ago i replaced the batteries in my truck, as part of my routine maintenance, that were in service for 4 years. 2 of the the new batteries installed, failed. The batteries i speak of are Continental. No more continental for me, strictly Interstate batteries, from now on.
(10-28-2022 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]3 weeks ago i replaced the batteries in my truck, as part of my routine maintenance, that were in service for 4 years. 2 of the the new batteries installed, failed. The batteries i speak of are Continental. No more continental for me, strictly Interstate batteries, from now on.

continental, interstate... duracell, etc.etc.etc... all made in china..lol
Some OEM brands aren't worth the name they bear either.
Yep, Ill be doing the same soon I'm sure.....I have 4 Napa Commercial batteries that seemed to have served me well.

What are you guys using?
So there aren't many different manufactures of batteries. Napa I believe are rebadged east penn batteries. Oreillys are mostly johnson control and east penn. We've been using Fleetrite batteries here which are east penn batteries.
https://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/about/facilities/

This is the company that makes Napa batteries. Looks like they manufacture here in USA
(10-28-2022 )windowrattler Wrote: [ -> ]So there aren't many different manufactures of batteries. Napa I believe are rebadged east penn batteries. Oreillys are mostly johnson control and east penn. We've been using Fleetrite batteries here which are east penn batteries.

Do you mean fleetpride?
Fleet rite is a Navistar subsidiary for aftermarket parts. Kind of like trp is part of Paccar.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's