Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Truck stumbled under acceleration then died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was driving down a dirt road and truck started acting like a gas vehicle with carburetor running out of fuel then died.I then hooked up Insite and had a few fuel codes,cylinder imbalance.I then tried to crank it up and it started ran rough then the idle went back to normal.So far running normal.What could have caused this?
This one popped up once I cranked the truck up after shutting down.Cylinder imbalance went away after I shut it down myself an hour later.Only thing active now is the Intake Manifold pressure sensor.
That cylinder imbalance code is common on an 870, doesn't mean much. Looks like you need to change your fuel filter though!!!! You say it acted like it ran out fuel........ probably because it did !!!
The intake manifold pressure fault is not normal. Will make it loose fuel mileage and cause other turbo, etc. issues. replace old sensors, ensure wiring is good and do a clean out of piping, CAC leak check, etc. for it.

As far as it cutting out .. might also want to smack the top of the ecm and see if it is going bad...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid74392
(01-07-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]The intake manifold pressure fault is not normal. Will make it loose fuel mileage and cause other turbo, etc. issues. replace old sensors, ensure wiring is good and do a clean out of piping, CAC leak check, etc. for it.

As far as it cutting out .. might also want to smack the top of the ecm and see if it is going bad...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid74392

The pressure sensor code has been on for a year.Replaced the sensor and looked at the wiring and couldn’t find anything. Could all the low voltage or voltage shorted to low codes I keep getting be ECM related?
And if I do need a new ECM what are my options new or refurbished?
(01-07-2023 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]That cylinder imbalance code is common on an 870, doesn't mean much. Looks like you need to change your fuel filter though!!!! You say it acted like it ran out fuel........ probably because it did !!!

1157 miles on new filter.Could they have plugged up that fast?
(01-07-2023 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]...
And if I do need a new ECM what are my options new or refurbished?

certified OEM unit only. Also, a certified reman from a stealers$it is fine.. as they simply replace the entire board inside with new one and only re-use the outer frame on them.
Make sure you have it bench flashed by the dealer before you leave with it. That way if it's faulty (which isn't uncommon for these new ecm's) they'll know right away and can grab another one off the shelf for you. Otherwise once you walk out the door with it it's yours!!!! NO RETURNS ON ELECTRICAL PARTS.
Seems to me like you may have had a air pocket in the fuel system. The code for sensor is saying voltage like sensor is unplugged. Need to ohm harness really good to make sure its not wiring issue. THis will not shut truck down. What you are descibing sounds like air. Check both fuel tanks to see how low they are. Could be fuel sloshing and got some air. Could be trash in fuel lines thats floating and clogged and when it shut down it moved. This one may take a min to see if it will do it again and whats common when it does it.
Reference URL's