Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: INJECTOR TROUBLES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CM870 #INJECTOR BLEW INTO 8 PIECES WHILE RUNNING, ANYONE SEEN THIS
not without some kind of abuse or a garbage-can (bad) delete file.
Thanks Rawze, the truck has been deleted and went over 10,000 miles before failure.
(01-30-2023 )muttonman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rawze, the truck has been deleted and went over 10,000 miles before failure.

Sounds like the same garbage tune my buddy has in his truck, I will be surprised it it does not throw a rod through the block in the next few weeks.
(01-30-2023 )muttonman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rawze, the truck has been deleted and went over 10,000 miles before failure.
Id suggest parking it untill you can get that tune checked and or replaced with a proper tune
Who done the tune?
Truck was tuned when new owner got it, has blown 2 head gaskets. Only thing we could find, head bolts were reused and not replaced both times. They were strechted not giving proper torque.
(01-31-2023 )muttonman Wrote: [ -> ]Truck was tuned when new owner got it, has blown 2 head gaskets. Only thing we could find, head bolts were reused and not replaced both times. They were strechted not giving proper torque.

That sounds more like an excuse that anything else to me.

everything you have said so far points directly at a bad engine killing delete.

copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did... good, bad, and downright ugly. Eliminate that as a first step towards solving the other issues, or you will be destined to keep repeating the failures.

ALSO.. an ISX has to be build exactly right.. so it also sounds like you used a bunch of incompetent or under-trained clowns to rebuild it too.

here is what it takes to properly rebuild one...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/editpost.php?pid=70606
Reference URL's