Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Air compressor leak?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m thinking I need a new air compressor. It’s bubbling a leak of what looks like oil and water, right at the front housing connection. It only bubbles and leaks when the compressor is charging air. I replaced a missing bolt on the [/php]mounting flange a month or 2 ago. I’m wonder if the case is cracked.
Anyone seen this type of leak or have any ideas?
Hopefully I attached the picture correctly….
Thanks[attachment=8784]
Umm it looks like you may just need a mounting gasket. I can’t explain why it only leaks when it’s building air but the part of the compressor that builds air has nothing to do with where your leak is.
The compressor looks like it's loose, I see a gap between it and the gearhousing. Do you have excessive blowby? Maybe it's crankcase pressure pushing out through there.
(02-12-2023 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]The compressor looks like it's loose, I see a gap between it and the gearhousing. Do you have excessive blowby? Maybe it's crankcase pressure pushing out through there.

I don’t think it’s loose I’ll check it again this morning. Blow by is normal. I can see little bubbles popping only when the air compressor is charging. They definitely stop once the pump is unloaded.
I see what you are talking about tree, it looks like it’s been ran loose and the gasket is gone. Zoom in to the left of the bolt. Kinda looks like everything has been ground down once upon a time
Update, it was loose and 2 bolts had stripped the threads. Helicoiled and new gasket. All seems to be good now.
Thanks
Reference URL's