Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx15 2350 knock.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So lately I’ve been experiencing a knock on the turbo side on cold starts. Once the oil temp has come up it goes away. So it last a good 10 minutes and sounds pretty nasty. Isx15 2350 575k miles. Deleted.

Everyone says it’s fuel related, but I keep going to haggai and my fuel system checks out. Last visit to check out fuel was 3 weeks ago. I hate to keep bugging them due to my paranoia. The knocking happened after a trip I took and noticed it. Before that trip the harmonic balancer was replaced due to general maintenance. I got the advice to change it from my last post on concern of a weird vibration. I didn’t change the balancer a shop did. Could that be the reason for a cold knock? Thanks.
Is it noisy valve lash (rattling valve train) when it is cold?.. or an actual knock?.

And what did Mr. Hags say about it?.
Maybe post a video clip?
It’s definitely a knock. By the time I get to the shop it’s warm and goes away. I sent a video to Allison once and she said it sounds like fuel knock. But isn’t sure. I leave on a trip in the morning I’ll try to get a video and get it posted. Hope it’s nothing major
If the damper isn't oem it maybe of concern. Fly wheel? Clutch?
As soon as the oil temp reaches 125 that knock goes away.
Tried to attach file to post but said it wasn’t allowed so I uploaded it to YouTube.
https://youtube.com/shorts/bsmGppxVU-w?feature=share
(02-20-2023 )Beardedtrucker Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as the oil temp reaches 125 that knock goes away.
Tried to attach file to post but said it wasn’t allowed so I uploaded it to YouTube.
https://youtube.com/shorts/bsmGppxVU-w?feature=share

sounds like a diesel engine to me.
Is that video a cold start? Are you hearing the knocking there?
Yeah hopefully it’s just my paranoia. This thing use to be quiet. If it makes a difference this morning taking off blue smoke came out of the exhaust a little.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's