Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Egt last 2 haul days running hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a isx 15 in my 2013 log truck.
Last couple days been having high exhaust temps 1250-1350”f while at -20 to-30 Celsius
Trucks deleted. 650hp 35 000km on rebuild, new injectors all 6,new ecm wire harnesses, egr is all gone I ran a pipe from water pump to back of block, thought it was exhaust issue so straight piped it today, did not help befor I usually ran 900-1000 max,
Trucks pulling 75000 kg
First thing you need to do is have the program reviewed by Rawze. Doesn't matter how long ago you had it demandated, it could have jumped into SCR warmup mode and got stuck there.

Is the commanded and actual turbo position close to the same?
First of all, I can tell you right now that you ARE 95% likely to have a bad delete!. .. especially if some complete moron has set that CM2350 on 650+HP!.

I sure hope like all h#ell it was not the truck owner that wanted to do that much HP garbage!.. I don't give a damn how heavy of stuffs they haul!.

OR ... I guess someone just wants to tear up their $40,000 commercial engine?. They just WANT to drop $25,000 and an inframe kit into it every 4 or so years due to all the abuse?. - I guess someone like this must be some kind of rich beyond belief, to be able to abuse and destroy such an expensive engine in today's economy over and over like that!

Let me take a guess ... the program was also done by someone in canada?... those 650hp programs are popular up there amongst the collection of heavy-haul idiots who mostly seem to be h$ell bent on destroying and abusing their engines/trucks for some dumb reason.

You may or may not be from there.. or the shop you took it to.. but I am suspecting heavily that the programs came from there nonetheless.

THERE IS AN ABSOLUTE PLAGUE OF BAD, ABUSIVE TRUCKERS, AND AN EVEN BIGGER PLAGUE OF BAD DELETE PLACES TOO ...

(time to pick on canadian trucking for a bit)...
Canadian trucking.. especially the heavy-hauling scene up there.. is mostly nothing but a bunch of complete engine abusing group of idiotic fools who butcher and over-power their engines/trucks into nothing but a self-destructive state. At the same time, these same idiots will all complain about how the ISX is a weak engine + complaining about how they self destruct over and over, drop liners, and all the other things that they themselves cause.. while it total denial.

-== IT IS THEIR THEIR OWN ABUSES + BAD DELETE PLAGUE THAT ARE IN FACT THE UNDERLYING CAUSE OF IT ALL!

And for anyone who ACTUALLY WANTS 650+HP and BIG HP NUMBERS, is on the wrong forum if they think for one minute that I am not going to point out this abusive fact real fast.

I DO NOT TOLERATE ENGINE ABUSE, NOR ANY KIND OF YEE-HAW COW-BOY, BIG BELT-BUCKLE STYLE OF TRUCKING HERE ON MY FORUM!!...

you will get run off from here in a damn hurry!.

========================

So .. the answer to your question is simple. -= YOU MOST LIKELY HAVE AN ENGINE ABUSING, BAD DELETE PROGRAM!..

STEP#1 = IS TO REALIZE THAT SOMEONE SOMEWHERE SCREWED UP WHEN THEY DECIDED TO PUT AN ABUSIVE DELETE + 650+HP IN THAT ENGINE! INSTEAD OF RE-GEARING THE TRUCK FOR THE HEAVIER WEIGHTS, IF IT WAS REALLY THAT WEAK AND NEEDED ACTUAL HELP TO PULL IT PROPERLY!.

I can tell you right now that I have seen a plague of so-called "650hp programs" coming out of these engine tuning shops (especially out of canada) where the program itself was beyond horrible and beyond abusive, engine killing trash.. This long before some idiot shoved the HP power up that high in it... and they all trade a "650hp program" around amongst themselves like it is the hottest thing!... selling it to truckers who don't know any better. exploiting this fact all to h#ell.

So, I am suspecting that you have a fine example if that garbage that someone shoved into your ecm there as well?. Your post above points heavily towards this any ways. This leads to ...

STEP#2 - Is to copy that program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what some idiot really did (beyond the abusive 650hp, we already know that is an issue) in that program .. good, bad, and most likely sideways.

I am suspecting that there is absolutely no engine operating mode control logic that has been properly re-worked in that typical bad garbage-can delete whatsoever. -=- and the damn engine is perpetually trying like h#ell, as hard as it can while going down the road, to make as much extra exhaust heat and as much internal engine friction to the liners and pistons (eating its own guts out slowly) to warm up the now missing/unplugged SCR/DPF cans ...

WHAT THESE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF IDIOTS WHO MAKE THESE BAD DELETE FILES DO NOT UNDERSTAND .. IS THAT THE CM2350 ENGINE HAS 13+ ENGINE OPERATING MODES IN IT!!.. AND MANY OF THOSE OPERATING MODES ARE TO WARM UP THE AFTER-TREATMENT SYSTEM .. BECAUSE THE ENGINE WILL NOT MEET ITS REQUIRED EMISSIONS STANDARD UNTIL ALL THE CANS ARE AT 500+F DEGREES!.

= THIS MEANS that the engine mode control logic PRIORITIZES those cans under that truck getting to operating temp as fast as possible after the truck is running. This means that the engine will eat its own guts for breakfast to get it there if it has to.. and when someone takes away that system either in the programming.. or removes it from the truck.. or both.. -= IT WILL PERPETUALLY DO THIS AND SEVERELY SHORTEN ENGINE LIFE with dropped liners, cracked piston or head.. AND in most cases ... REPEATEDLY DESTROY TURBOCHARGERS due to over-spooling because it is being used by that ecm to trap all that exhaust heat to make temps as high as possible.

-= All while that truck driver almost always swears that it seems to run good most of the time.. while the engine is eating its own guts out.

== BUT ITS THE ENGINE'S FAULT RIGHT!!>.// ===

Is anyone starting to see my point?.

This is BEFORE anyone adds a bunch of abusive HP power/torque at all to the program .. which is often another issue all in itself.

WHY DO THEY END UP LIKE THIS????,.,.

Because the bulk of people making these delete programs are incredibly under-educated on how the engines and its programming actually works. That is why!.

Most of these clowns.. all they do is unplug a bunch of stuffs.. and then proceed to simply block every fault code off that they get in the dash instead of re-working the entire program properly. They think that the ecm has some kind of magic fairy unicorn dust in it to make the engine run ok again.. but who cares.. they don't own it.. it seems to run ok.. so they want your moneys,. and when it blows up later on, or you have issues, .. it ain't there problem!> They got your money and that is all they gave a damn about!.

= WELCOME TO THE BAD DELETE CLUB!... that is the typical fate for 90%+ of all people who have a delete done... of which usually only end up on my forum for me to point this out . after all the headaches, rebuilds, and other issues.,and after all the moneys and engine abuse that they could have avoided.

SO... IN THIS CASE ... IS YOUR PARTICULAR ENIGNE/TRUCK.. THE RULE.. OR THE EXCEPTIOON!>?>

With you bragging about 650HP .. and me knowing already there is a plague of bad delete programs out there that are made at this abusive HP level already.. .. I am thinking you are caught front and center in that "bad" category.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me + admit to yourself .. realize .. that abusive HP numbers are a bad idea on a $40,000 commercial engine, and that it needs to be put back to something within engine spec and non-abusive .. so that tings can be turned around and fixed properly.
Sorry to waste your time, i am from Canada and I ain’t no f’in yeehaw cowboy that’s for dang sure.

I wasn’t bragging how much hp my truck has, was just stating what they have it set to so it might make things easier to figure out. I bought the truck in spring of 2022, it was already deleted, only history I have of it is the paper work showing when they deleted along with the last rebuild everything done 567000km ago. Truck has 1119087km on it.
I came to you becuz I respect your skills and the info u provided on YouTube, when the head gasket let go 32000km ago I rebuilt the motor myself, figured since I had head off mize well pop oil pan and do a inframe, used quick serve and your videos as reference and it turned out really good. Even saved my old pistons and liners incase I might need them
One day since they measured the same as the ones I put in. When the ecm fried I told them to set the new one the same as befor. Cuz I thought 567km was pretty dang good considering lots go for a rebuild stock at 350-375000km up here. I’m no where close to saying it’s a great delete and u are probably right it could be something with the programming. I have no idea, this is my first electronic controlled truck I get to say is mine and it’s a learning curve for me. My last one was a 84 w900 with a big cam 400.
Today between loads I talked to the mechanic shop that delt with having ecm programmed and the exact words were they don’t hand out that kind of information, so if I can get any info off of insite that’s the best I can do next time I get the laptop
(02-20-2023 )Darmochidlogging Wrote: [ -> ]... Cuz I thought 567km was pretty dang good considering lots go for a rebuild stock at 350-375000km up here.

I would consider that quite bad actually. That is only 350,000 miles or so. - That engine is supposed to last a million miles+.. and typically, even when they are driven hard .. they last about 600k or so miles on the short end of that stick *(965km). Something really does not add up at all if those were mostly highway miles and not a ton of heavy PTO or something else, racking up the engine hours.

Just putting it into a proper perspective there so that you have an idea of what should actually be expected.

That aside...

===============
(02-20-2023 )Darmochidlogging Wrote: [ -> ]...
they don’t hand out that kind of information, so if I can get any info off of insite that’s the best I can do next time I get the laptop

...because just like the percentage of bad deletes out there.. there are the same 90% clueless fools who would not know bad programming to save their own arsses ... and certainly would not give you a copy of what they shoved into your ecm, simply because they are afraid of what someone would say on a proper review.

Stop listening to the very ppl who would shove a demandate program in it, who also want to hide what they have done. Quite frankly, I would bet that they could not even properly answer simple questions about the very programming that they shoved into it. The sad part is that they likely don't even know any better themselves. Most ppl who do that kind of hack-job work would quickly get mad at you for even asking. That is their typical MO.

so .. it sounds to me like you got the typical response there.

Besides that.. WHAT THE H@#ELL YOU GONNA DO some day when that ecm ever dies!.. As a business owner... You need to have a copy of ANY custom programming that was flashed into it. ... YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY HAVE A COPY OF THAT PROGRAM FOR YOUR OWN FUTURE RECORDS!!!.. YOUR WHOLE BUSINESS RELIES ON IT!. If that ecm ever dies or needs to be re-flashed for any reason.. you will be completely at someone else's mercy once again!>.. and THAT IS NOT WISE!.

Programming .. especially any custom programming of any kind, is nothing at all to take lightly with these engines. It needs to be taken very seriously, and it should NEVER EVER be anything less than 110% safe and correct, especially for a $40,000 commercial engine that someone relies on daily to make their living with.

YOUR NEXT PRIORITY AND GOAL SHOULD BE ...
To get yourself an adapter and a laptop.. and copy that program out of that thing yourself (using the Calterm software) ..it is not hard to do!. That or have someone from the forum here help you get it pulled out so that it can be properly examined.

You quite frankly, should have asked for a copy of the program when they flashed it in.. and if they refused.. then I would have told them pound sand if they think that I would let myself and my truck be at their mercy for the rest of its lifespan with an unknown quality of programming.

Get it copied out and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did in there. Otherwise you are just wasting your time trying to guess at your issues. For all anyone knows, the da$mnned thing could have jumped into an SCR rapid warmup mode and got stuck there because the whole system is disabled/gone, and no one told the engine mode control manager about it. .. making all that extra heat and it now torturing itself internally. -= BAD DELETES DO THIS KIND OF CRAP .. and it is random when it can get triggered and happen.
Ok Awsum, I’ll some how get that for u, it might take a bit tho, we only have 2 weeks of hauling left till end of the season then truck will be sitting for a few months,
never really gave much thought to it if the ecm sh”ts the bed again. Last ecm took a month and a half to get and it came from the states, specific things are getting really hard to get in Canada for this truck too old they keep saying.
Wishing I would of reached out to u befor I had all this grief.
(02-21-2023 )Darmochidlogging Wrote: [ -> ]...
Wishing I would of reached out to u before I had all this grief.

... because you could have gotten an adapter and laptop when you first got the truck, and learned to copy the programming in and out of that ecm yourself ... avoiding all the questionable programming that is beyond an absolute plague in the trucking industry.. and especially a big problem there in cananada.

* How much boost will that engine typically make in a hard pull?.

- The EGT's are obviously screwed in some way... so I won't bother to ask that question.

* What are the oil temps gettng to?

- If you are going to keep driving it, of which I would not so much recommend, .. then I would suggest that it be driven gently as all h#ell and boost kept down till you can get it looked at properly.
Loaded right now, -32”c out the door, 32 psi boost foot to floor , oil temp is at 204f water is 180 f , 1650 rpm at 90km oil psi 39, egt is hovering around the 980 mark better today but bitchin cold up here
On flat ground
Boost is at 22 psi, egt is 300f , oil 190f, water 175f oil still 39 psi
Reference URL's