Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: DD15 rods and mains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for real data on when I should have my rods and main bearings done.

Oil sampling is good.

722149 on the mileage.

Don't just want to tear into the engine for no reason.
I think it is about 600k miles on them. If you don't do them, no harm will become of it ... that is, until some idiot replaces the fuel filter and the oil filter at the same time together without cranking the engine in between.. and then it will spin a bearing, ruining the crank.

some related info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid61520
Replace oil manifold and pickup tube o-rings as well
Yea… what they said. If your dd15 has a “plastic” oil suction module there is a small square plug on them that will blow out around 700k-800k miles and lock the engine up before you can pull over. I’ve got a pile of them at the shop. Your engine is a timebomb if it hasn’t been changed.
Wow, and people say cummins are junk.
The ones that say Cummins are junk are the same ones that bought wore out trucks with no repair history, had the guy in another country tune their truck with a file that was purchased in bulk for $300, only serviced their truck because the oil pan started leaking and the oil had to come out anyways, and relied solely on a dealership to make their repairs.
(03-04-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote: [ -> ]The ones that say Cummins are junk are the same ones that bought wore out trucks with no repair history, had the guy in another country tune their truck with a file that was purchased in bulk for $300, only serviced their truck because the oil pan started leaking and the oil had to come out anyways, and relied solely on a dealership to make their repairs.
Huge AMEN!!
Reference URL's