Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Electronic throttle lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever tried programming some sort of throttle position lock to use as a more fuel efficient cruise control? You would deactivate it with brake pressure or clutch engagement like a normal cruise control would but it would let your speed increase and decrease with load just the same as holding the foot feed still. Or, maybe set a specific boost pressure to not exceed and the program would back the throttle out and let the speed decrease or increase as boost pressure would allow. Maybe this topic has been hashed out before but I haven’t run across it on this forum yet.
(03-07-2023 )Carter Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever tried programming some sort of throttle position lock to use as a more fuel efficient cruise control? You would deactivate it with brake pressure or clutch engagement like a normal cruise control would but it would let your speed increase and decrease with load just the same as holding the foot feed still. Or, maybe set a specific boost pressure to not exceed and the program would back the throttle out and let the speed decrease or increase as boost pressure would allow. Maybe this topic has been hashed out before but I haven’t run across it on this forum yet.

You may be able to use the cruise upper/lower droop option in the features and parameters tab of Insite to get something close to what your looking for.
In theory, you could possibly achieve something close by utilizing the droop settings along with putting the engine into another operating mode when cruise is on with lower power and turbo settings to a degree. Now don't ask me how to do that, let alone do it successfully lol. I've toyed with the idea of having 2 power settings controlled with a "fault" or "condition" type derate via a switch on the dash.
(03-08-2023 )Nostalgic Wrote: [ -> ]I've toyed with the idea of having 2 power settings controlled with a "fault" or "condition" type derate via a switch on the dash.

I’ve thought about the same thing. I think the pickup truck tuners wire a “dsp5” switch into the ecm pins for the barometric pressure sensor and jump through different operating modes that way but to do it proper would require a whole lot more tuning than what they bother to do plus you lose information the ecm needs to calculate proper offsets.
Reference URL's