Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2010 T660 no washer and only high wiper speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
Problem: High speed wipers only and no washer

I have been around so many forums including reading here and cannot seem to find a specific fix for my problem. I have replaced the turn stalk and light control module. I have also changed the wiper motor.
I used another thread here and checked to CECU location for extra fuses and found none. The fuse panel CECU fuses were checked and ok along with the other 3 fuses that operate the washer and wiper functions.
I am at a loss here and the only controller not checked is the cab controller supposedly drivers side under the cab. I have not ran any tests on CECU as that is above my pay grade, just checked fuses.

Any ideas? I sure wish it was a simple fix but so far it has been a headache. Thanks for any help
(03-19-2023 )Jim The Trucker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,
Problem: High speed wipers only and no washer

I have been around so many forums including reading here and cannot seem to find a specific fix for my problem. I have replaced the turn stalk and light control module. I have also changed the wiper motor.
I used another thread here and checked to CECU location for extra fuses and found none. The fuse panel CECU fuses were checked and ok along with the other 3 fuses that operate the washer and wiper functions.
I am at a loss here and the only controller not checked is the cab controller supposedly drivers side under the cab. I have not ran any tests on CECU as that is above my pay grade, just checked fuses.

Any ideas? I sure wish it was a simple fix but so far it has been a headache. Thanks for any help

Did you replace both wiper relays? Had Issues on my truck and it was simply a relay, There's two on them and the one relay only gets used for high setting so the other relay might be bad, It's one cheap and easy thing to rule out.
The "chassis node" controller under the cab on those trucks is notorious for having bad wiring going between it and the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side.. then causing all kinds of ghost problems like headlight issues.. etc.

not sure if it would effect the wipers though.
Yeah I believe that would be the chassis node, I had wiring issues with mine too, however I am not aware the the wiper system is connected to the chassis node unless like you said it causes some indirect/ghost issues. It would be controlled by the CECU under the cupholder, I would caution against replacing that controller until some one gets a wiring diagram and gets a good understanding of how the circuit works, then tests things properly with a voltmeter. As I said earlier a quick and easy test is simply replace the relays
(03-20-2023 )Truckdriven Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I believe that would be the chassis node, I had wiring issues with mine too, however I am not aware the the wiper system is connected to the chassis node unless like you said it causes some indirect/ghost issues. It would be controlled by the CECU under the cupholder, I would caution against replacing that controller until some one gets a wiring diagram and gets a good understanding of how the circuit works, then tests things properly with a voltmeter. As I said earlier a quick and easy test is simply replace the relays

Thanks for the correction. I updated my post above.
I did replace relays since I had a box of 10 new ones. Also checked standard fuses with ohm meter
Reference URL's