Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 14liter busting out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys this is just an informational just in case any of you ever run into this because it was my first time seeing it. Had a 2006 Columbia come in this morning with a complaint of busting out, black smoking, and dropping boost pressure. (I test drove and never seen any symptoms) Off the rip I blocked off the egr valve to isolate it, verified vpod working correctly, checked turbo, boost pressure sensor, etc. you know the normal shi#t that causes issues like this. I monitored all of my pressure and temperature sensors, verified my tps, cam and crank sensors, the list just kept getting shorter snd I was getting aggravated. I jump in the truck and drive it down the road…. Like drive it drive it. Well I take off from a stop sign giving it hell “we gone find the problem “ I’m running about 45mph 1600 rpm and climbing and suddenly the speedo jumps to 85 and the truck starts busting out. At this point I check the speed limiter and it’s set to 70. I’m thinking to myself there ain’t no damn way. I set the speed limiter to 120 and drive it again. When the speedometer jumps this time it still ran fine. I ended up finding the speedometer wires rubbed through on the corner of the tail section on the transmission.
Guys a f***** speed sensor circuit short was causing the truck to bust out. And no it wasn’t giving any codes at all. I’ve never in my damn life seen this. But I just wanted to share this experience with you guys. Maybe it will prevent one of you from getting shafted one day over it.
Reference URL's