Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx dieseling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an 08’ international w/ 870isx new motor w/less than 400 thousand on it just replaced transfer and prime pump truck ran great for a week, then all of a sudden coming to a stop the truck is surging and levels out start up is surges no smoke and when I shut the key off the truck will not shut off for 10-25 seconds I have replaced fuel shut off solenoid and cleans metering and timing actuators.. I have pulled the power wire off the shut off solenoid and checked the power is actually cut off all of that is right but the truck is still dieseling help plz truck is going to international house if I can’t figure anything out
Has noting much to do with shut-off solenoid. If truck keeps running after key is off then you have a bad/dirty metering actuator allowing fuel to get past it.

You also need to do a proper injector leak test on it too, as shown in this post...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid67948
Had the same issue on an 871 in the shop. Sent all six injectors to be bench tested. Cylinder2 Injector was continuing to leak down after shut off.
I’m with Rawze and mal4shtf on this. I’ve definitely seen metering actuators cause this. I’ve never seen an injector on a Cummins cause it but I have on a cat and a e7 mack. If it can cause it on them then it can cause it on a Cummins.
(06-13-2023 )Mal4shtf Wrote: [ -> ]Had the same issue on an 871 in the shop. Sent all six injectors to be bench tested. Cylinder2 Injector was continuing to leak down after shut off.

I have seen leaky injectors do this on rare occasion, but not because the injector itself was leaky. If an injector is bad enough, then it can cause combustion pressure to feedback into the fuel system, causing the metering actuators to stay open longer that they should.

Your post also implies that you did not know how to check for this. It seems these days that too many people have forgotten how to check injectors before removing them.

Checking for leaky injectors on a CM570, CM870, CM871 does not require them to be removed from the head. See my post above... I included a link to how to do it.
Reference URL's