Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 870 demandate question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ran across an old Waterloo post where he was saying that on the 870 you have to remove the center plug pin for the Delta P sensor even though the truck is demandated because it can put it into a silent derate.Just did the pin removal yesterday.Is there anything else that needs to be done on a CM870 once demandated? Besides removing the cooler if one wants to which I did and putting in a block plate where the EGR went.

Asking because my truck hasn’t been running the best and has poor fuel mileage as well.
is the intake manifold also blocked off too?
(08-17-2023 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]is the intake manifold also blocked off too?

Where the EGR gases entered the intake
Yup! It's surprisingly common for them to be improperly blocked off or not at all..
(08-17-2023 )Redland1 Wrote: [ -> ]I ran across an old Waterloo post where he was saying that on the 870 you have to remove the center plug pin for the Delta P sensor even though the truck is demandated because it can put it into a silent derate.Just did the pin removal yesterday.Is there anything else that needs to be done on a CM870 once demandated? Besides removing the cooler if one wants to which I did and putting in a block plate where the EGR went.

Asking because my truck hasn’t been running the best and has poor fuel mileage as well.

A long time ago, it was common to modify the Delta-P or the EGR Temp sensor to help get/KEEP the engine operating in mode-4 (its factory non-EGR mode), however...

- On a well made CM870 program with proper engine mode control re-mapping, you should not have to un-pin the Delta-P or any other sensor these days. I pointed out some of those mode control issues, and their solutions to the guys doing 870's on the forum here back a few years ago, whenever Merick on the forum here came over with his truck that time, and we reviewed his engine file.
Reference URL's