Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: cm 2250 injector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
changing a leaking head gasket on a isx cm 2250 and two of the injector nozzle seals are damaged. wondering what could cause this ?

[attachment=9090][attachment=9091]
My thoughts...

First of all, there really is no such thing as a 'leaking head gasket' unless it dropped a liner... or someone did something very wrong during an inframe, and it leaked right away.

I.E.> The first part of your post does not make much sense.

=====

Also, that injector looks completely burnt. .. bad delete?... or some other serious issue, it looks like to me.

=========
(opinion)...
They look more like there was no coolant flow getting to those injectors, moreso than anything else though.

Any recent work done?..

i.e. Could also be a repair shop, etc. had recently drained the coolant for one reason or another, then did not properly pull a vacuum on the coolant system before truck owner drove it away ... and it attached to a loaded trailer?. - If so, then that could explain a lot, and it totally would be whoever drained and re-filled the colant systems fault. They would owe someone an inframe + head + injectors.
=========

maybe some more history on the engine etc?.

And is everything OEM, or some after-garbage?.

here is what needs to happen for a proper inframe.. anything less and someone just wasting their moneys...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606
number 3 and 4 liners have dropped, step wear on the head. what causes the liner counterbores to wear out?
(09-22-2023 )hct5 Wrote: [ -> ]number 3 and 4 liners have dropped, step wear on the head. what causes the liner counterbores to wear out?

#1 cause and most common issue = A bad delete program. More then 90%+ of all delete programs are extremely bad for the engine, even before anyone adds any power to them.

#2 cause = The engine lugged to death below 1500 rpm its whole life up every hill, and failing prematurely because the liners were beaten to death in the engine block. Usually due to the rear ends being geared too tall and /or the engine being governed to only 1500 rpm. Also happens to bulk tank and car hauler trucks that use a lot of PTO, and lugs the engine below 1500RPM under heavy-use hydraulic operations.

Combine those 2 together, and you have an engine that will not stay together.

Also, as the engine block ages, the clamping forces get relaxed .. so if someone does not raise the liners up to about 0.015"or so during the inframe, then it will blow out in a couple years again, and the overhaul was for nothing / did not extend the engine life by one damn bit.
The link mentioned in my post above discusses the things that are NOT in the manuals towards actually extending the engines life that next million miles.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606
Reference URL's