Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Oil Filters, what's your opinion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to be doing another oil change on my new-to-me truck with a cm871. First change I put on a Fleetguard because that's what my shop had. I've used Donaldson a lot in the past on other trucks too.

My question is: is there a universally accepted "must use" brand of filter? Or is it a matter of personal preference?
Just for kicks ,well we are on the topic what do you fellers think of wix filters
I'm a mechanic and been using wix xp filters for the past 4 years after having a lot of problem with fleetguard LF9080 filters splitting around the top and leaking oil. So far on standard drain intervals the oil samples show less soot with the wix filters.
I have always used fleetguard. Never did me wrong, and my oil stays brighter color for longer than with any other brand I have tried. Then again, my oil does not turn black, and stays bright yellow for about 10,000 miles at a time or more.
FleetGuard here too... Same experience as Rawze in regards to oil... Right now at 10,000 miles there about, and I just checked it, still clean and a nice yellow brownish color.
Wix is very good filters. I use the Napa gold filters which are Wix. They just realized package them. Napa/traction in Sasaktoon is doing a filter sale first week of October, I buy all my filters for the entire year during these sales cause the prices are amazing!
Does traction sell Fleetguard too? or just Donaldson. I just picked up a Fleetguard from KW today.
(09-24-2016 )Brock Wrote: [ -> ]Wix is very good filters. I use the Napa gold filters which are Wix. They just realized package them. Napa/traction in Sasaktoon is doing a filter sale first week of October, I buy all my filters for the entire year during these sales cause the prices are amazing!

You, the missing link, anybody else from AB, & I should get together...I've got a buddy that works for Tractions competitor and for this kind of volume for all of us to buy a dozen (year supply) he says he's quite sure he can get his boss to let him beat Traction by 10% or more. His boss HATES Traction...
I use fleetguard on cm2250 lf14000nn on oil and ff5776 on fuel. Never had problems.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's