Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: I built an electric bike...need Rawze to chime in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought this for my wife and she wouldnt ride it. I bought an electric wheel kit and re fabricated the forks on the front end to accept the wheel. I built a lithium ion battery for it and took it for a test ride. I can cruise 22mph full speed. I ran almost 20 miles with it yesterday and only had a 4 volt drop in the battery pack. Considering you can charge an 18650 cell to 4.2 volts and go down to 2.7 the math says I can go almost 100 miles on one charge.....if I dont pedal. Not bad. I posted this because you can build this for a regular bike and store the bike wherever you want on the truck. When you layover just pull it down and put the battery in.....go for a long ride not worrying if you will over do it going too far from the truck. The batteries are easy to build and are not that bad to charge up.

Do some research and try it. Looking forward to next weekend.....hitting the bike trails in the area lowers the blood pressure.
Ok, where do you keep that on your truck? Looks very interesting but very big and awkward.
I dont keep it on my truck. If I wanted to keep a bike on the truck I would pick something less bulky. I would prolly make some sort of box on the back of my cab to store it to keep it out of the weather.
That thing looks really cool. makes me want to build one. -- I would definitely put it to use and let guests take it to the convenience store when they were here too.

Maybe a project for the future when i get caught up on other things.
(10-03-2016 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]That thing looks really cool. makes me want to build one. -- I would definitely put it to use and let guests take it to the convenience store when they were here too.

Maybe a project for the future when i get caught up on other things.

Let me know when your ready......Its not that hard to do and its pretty cheap too.
(10-03-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont keep it on my truck. If I wanted to keep a bike on the truck I would pick something less bulky. I would prolly make some sort of box on the back of my cab to store it to keep it out of the weather.

Much easier getting an electric bike off the rails than a Harley.
I came across a good guide on Lipo batteries a while back, and it is a good starting place for anyone considering making their own battery packs and charging setup. Gnarly battery fire videos too!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287041

Nice to see preacherboy24 have it wired for Balance Charging. Much safer than just connecting the battery leads to a cigarette lighter 12V.
Reference URL's