Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Metering actuator issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So the other week my truck started to stumble and run rough at the end of the day no code came up. I hooked to insite had a couple codes on there that came up one for 2215 and 2313. I ran the cut out test and everything ran fine. Nothing shut down cylinders all sounded good.this fall I replaced all actuators bc one was bad so I just did them all. The ifsm had a hole that ended up being slightly stripped but I used longer bolt and it worked for a while the then rear M actuator started to seep. So I just assumed it was getting air in somehow and went ahead and replaced ifsm got it all back together truck ran great problem solved. Went to go run a load and made it to terminal and she stumbled again. Got load and about two miles from home she just runs like shi#t again had codes on dash this Time. Pulled code and 2313 was there again so I did cut out test and it died on back three cylinder. So seeing as that one leaked on old ifsm I replaced it.
Put new one on truck ran great bobtail. Go put empty trailer on go two miles down rd same damn thing happens same code too. Now I’m thinking it’s maybe in the harness I’m goin to check ohm on things tomorrow. Is there any places these things are known to break at ?got quoted 2000 for a new harness worst case situation. I know things get brittle with heat and age and those connections have been off many times now. Thanks for any suggestions
does the engine pass an injector leak test?.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid67948
I have not done the leak test yet. Mostly because I replaced all the injectors a year ago not that they can’t go bad again. It will be a few days before I can get back to working on it now. Hoping to test harness this evening and double check that I didn’t get a bad actuator.
(04-18-2024 )Scoot5869 Wrote: [ -> ]I replaced all the injectors a year ago

Did you replace them with Genuine Cummins injectors that you purchased from an authorized Cummins dealer??
Aftermarket injectors are junk and will have you chasing your tail looking at everything else as a potential problem and it's those garbage injectors the whole time.
So called Genuine Cummins injectors from somewhere like Ebay would be just as suspect.
They are from Cummins I don’t run cheap shi#t it just costs you money down the road.
(04-18-2024 )Scoot5869 Wrote: [ -> ]I have not done the leak test yet. Mostly because I replaced all the injectors a year ago not that they can’t go bad again.

Assumptions are often the mother of all mistakes.
you should do the leak test to ensure everything is solid.
Well did leak test and they all passed no bubbles. Actuators all passed ohm test. Swapped actuators and it still says rear bank actuator code. So when driving it’s not a constant rough run it is fine then goes to shi#t and engine light pops on then smooths out and it goes away. Bob tail it won’t do it at all but as soon as I hook to trailer it will act up. I tried to check the harness but I think I need a nicer multimeter bc I was having issues getting contact. The plug for the actuator look fine as well so I’m at a loss. I also ran the cit out test again no problems and did the injector test on insite as well they all passed.
if plugs are oil or fuel soaked then they will give problems.
(04-19-2024 )Scoot5869 Wrote: [ -> ]Bob tail it won’t do it at all but as soon as I hook to trailer it will act up.

Maybe it's just coincidence, but there could be an electrical issue , possibly with a common ground? I'm not an electrical expert, but it does seem suspicious. Is it always the same trailer or different trailers?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's