Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rawze's Technical Documents (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... (/showthread.php?tid=1654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - Scaner2 - 06-23-2024

This treat becomes not realy about cm2350 factorry file comparrisons... but if is not ok moderators can delete this message...
I have it for 100k miles (bought with 600k) and no so much luck with it. Already put a lot of money in. Bought 'As it is' from the dealer. Replaced turbo( i not performed an range working test, there was no errors but drivig it home 900mile the actuator fault come out and then checked - vgt turbo was stuck at some moving point). After turbo i checked the head of the fuel pump for rebuilding and was supposed to put new fuel pump in because the main shaft of it was too bad. Replaced almost all sensors, valves, filters around. All interior hub seals and one diferential seal start to leak in the first month( also replaced with brakes and everything)...After checked the clutch gauge looks like it pass 80% life(have to replace it to) . I used only Mobil syntetic extreme 10w30 or 15w40 every 15k miles. After increased oil consumption i start to use Rotela t6 10w30 but no any change... Thats then you buy an used truck 'as it is'- like a lottery, especialy if you not checking it very well.

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - Scaner2 - 06-23-2024

And it have around 19k hours

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - tree98 - 06-23-2024

(06-23-2024 )walterk Wrote:  Please somebody correct me! Inframe at 700k miles? That's insane! Somebody really, really didn't care about this engine. Does it have a lot of hours?
I had engines that would not take that much oil after over a 1.5 million miles( Detroit 60, Cat 6nz). As a matter of fact, my cm2350 started to really pull good at around 350k-400k miles! That's how much time it took to brake it in!

An inframe at 700k on an engine with all its emmission's systems intact isn't uncommon at all. They rarely go a million miles if they are eating there own waste.

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - walterk - 06-23-2024

(06-23-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  
(06-23-2024 )walterk Wrote:  Please somebody correct me! Inframe at 700k miles? That's insane! Somebody really, really didn't care about this engine. Does it have a lot of hours?
I had engines that would not take that much oil after over a 1.5 million miles( Detroit 60, Cat 6nz). As a matter of fact, my cm2350 started to really pull good at around 350k-400k miles! That's how much time it took to brake it in!

An inframe at 700k on an engine with all its emmission's systems intact isn't uncommon at all. They rarely go a million miles if they are eating there own waste.

Talking about being set up to fail right from the get go! And, I am so glad I went to Hagai at 150k!
Imagine the profits stealer$hips make these days! These trucks are like a gold mine. Hell, most of the time, the truck would not be even paid off around this mileage. Times are different, that's for sure!

Scaner2, good luck with it. Pls keep us posted on how you managed to get this truck back in shape. For whatever it is worth, it would be a good info for other owners before they commit to an AS IS equipment. Obviously, there is Rewaz's
New Owner Operator guide that most should read beforehand.

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - Paco909389 - 07-06-2024

Hey guys I have CPL 4343 with calibration software phase 3C461120 with ECM Code HD10194.11 just want to make sure if this file is good for my X15 Fully Deleted with VGT STILL ON IT . Just want to make sure the tune is good and or what tune would be the best for my truck.
2018 389 X15 performance Series CPL 4343
585766 miles on it thanks.

RE: CM2350 factory file comparrisons... - Rawze - 07-06-2024

(07-06-2024 )Paco909389 Wrote:  Hey guys I have CPL 4343 with calibration software phase 3C461120 with ECM Code HD10194.11 just want to make sure if this file is good for my X15 Fully Deleted with VGT STILL ON IT . Just want to make sure the tune is good and or what tune would be the best for my truck.
2018 389 X15 performance Series CPL 4343
585766 miles on it thanks.

The base program that you mentioned means nothing without knowing the exact program that initially belonged to the engine and truck. It is not just about the CPL alone, .. but the entire vehicle and its air-flow requirements/profile too.

It is not just about the CPL. A person can have 1+ mpg of mysterious fuel losses and other ghost issues if the program does not match the vehicle. There are typically many programs (within the same CPL) that are written with specific brand/make of truck external needs and requirements. Looking at quickserv or insite specs will not reveal any of this. The wrong program for the vehicle can and will eventually hurt the longevity of the turbo and/or the engine itself.

I.E.> Even within the same CPL ratings ... A program meant for a prostar will not have any of the correct air-flow and other settings vs. with a KW-W900, and vice versa. A prostar has an extremely small and restrictive CAC, intake/exhaust piping etc. s. a KW-900.. and using the wrong program will result in improper boosting, poor fuel efficiency, mis-matched air flow offsets in the ecm, and a other problems that lead to shortened turbo or engine life. It is not just power/torque/cpl, but the whole vehicle that needs to match up.

It also does no good to assume the de-mandate is 100% correct either. Has the de-mandate been sent to me and reviewed?.

These 2 things are the most important to look at most of all, as more then 90%+ of all de-mandate programming is absolutely harmful to the engine over time.

What is the engine ser#?. If it is still the original ecm from factory ... What program is stamped into the data-plate of the ecm?

If it has not been done, copy the program from the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review.