Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 (/showthread.php?tid=9705)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - Ironwagons - 09-10-2024

Yes, not a problem I am happy to share this repair process. As I am finding little info on after failure process and procedures. I have looked in Quickserve and have found nothing really good.
From the research I have done here is what I am going to do.
1. New oil pump, oil cooler, thermostat, oil filter bypass (updated).
2.clean the turbo feed and return flush turbo with thin oil and scrub with automotive designed brushes for cleaning passages.
3. Push oil through the oil passages from the head rockers etc. figure gravity will help.
4. Remove oil rifle plugs and push oil through them.
5. Remove air compressor and possibly replace I had a gentleman tell me he was working on an after failure that they did nothing with the air compressor and it purged a bunch of metal and caused damage after running.
6. Remove main cap 1 and 4 and see what we got..

Curious what everyone else has been doing to get the most out of cleaning the engine. Also any tooling the have used to push fluid through the engine. If not I’ll have to make something work.

Thanks everyone!

RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - Rawze - 09-10-2024

Mr. Hags shop has had to deal with this a lot... maybe give them a ring and find out how they go about it?.

RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - Ironwagons - 09-10-2024

(09-10-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  Mr. Hags shop has had to deal with this a lot... maybe give them a ring and find out how they go about it?.

Thank you Sir….Much appreciated…

RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - JimT - 09-11-2024

concerning to hear about a new pump failure like this. I replaced my cm2250's fuel pump when I did the inframe 4 years / 240,000 miles ago. Now I'm thinking I should pull the pump head for a mid-life inspection (assuming a roughly 400,000 mi "safe" lifespan).

wish there was some kind of retrofit process to add a mesh screen, or something, to the oil return from the fuel pump. or a way to reroute the oil return completely

RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - tree98 - 09-11-2024

(09-11-2024 )JimT Wrote:  Now I'm thinking I should pull the pump head for a mid-life inspection

Every time you open that pump you introduce dirt into that fuel system i don't care how minimal you think it is. Your filter is 2 micron!! The human eye can't even see something smaller than about 50 microns. Just rebuild it every 400k and then forget its even there. Personally I think it's foolish to open your fuel system any more than is absolutely necessary. I feel the same way about these guys that run the overhead once a month, taking the lid off, knocking dirt/debris in there, its just unnecessary and most likely harmful in the long run. That's my 2 cents anyway.

I feel like we've had this conversation before.