Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rawze's Technical Documents (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 04-27-2023

(04-27-2023 )jrbmechanical Wrote:  ...
Also I am running into an error when trying to connect Calterm to the ecm, it says "Length cannot be less then zero. Parameter name: length.

I do not use that version of Cal term.. I would not know what that message is. It is likely that you did not use the right method or configuration file to connect to the ecm with.

Officially, I can only suggest that you contact get with the vendor that sold you the software for some help, or perhaps to find a video tutorial on how to use it, or maybe read the help files on how to properly connect to the engine.

RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 04-27-2023

(04-27-2023 )jrbmechanical Wrote:  ..
Reason I trying to connect with calterm is even though all of the load based speed control and other similar parameters are maxed out and disable in insite, truck still falls on its face around 1700-1800 rpm. Trying to see in calterm all of the other parameters are disabled that you had listed in another posting about LBSC

Instead of blindly assuming that it is LBSC... you need to actually see what is actually in control of the fueling and the engine. There are 500+ reasons that the engine might be holding itself back, and the only way to see which one of these it is, is by monitoring what is going on in the ecm with a proper screen file.

here is more about this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=5197&pid=76502#pid76502

RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - cp99 - 09-01-2023

Hi Rawze,

First of all, I really appriciate you share your learning in details here for FREE. This is invalueable and I will do the same to grow this community.

That said, my truck is a ISB6.7 CM2150D 220HP with ECM code AU90050. ECM part# 4943134, CPL# 3238
Interestingly, There's no ECM code specified on the QuickServe dataplate page. This is the original ECM code stamped on the ECM.

Looking through the list, I see it is rated all the way up to 350HP.

I'd like to learn about:
1. What ECM code is compatible with the stock AU90050?
2. What makes the others not compatible?
3. I see ECM with the same HP/torque rating but description with General, FireTruck, Bus etc. Within the same HP/torque rating, what's the difference between these different versions?
4. Why ECM code was not specified on the cummins website?

RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 09-01-2023

(09-01-2023 )cp99 Wrote:  ...
I'd like to learn about:
1. What ECM code is compatible with the stock AU90050?
2. What makes the others not compatible?
3. I see ECM with the same HP/torque rating but description with General, FireTruck, Bus etc. Within the same HP/torque rating, what's the difference between these different versions?
4. Why ECM code was not specified on the cummins website?

-- I can't tell you why the red engine maker does not show your ecm code, .. maybe you should call and ask them about that.

As far as looking at the garbage notes on the incal disks,.. that is not going to tell you much of squat. The only way to see if a program is 100% compatible with your specific engine is to compare the program contents itself that belongs in it, to another one in detail. Some of them might be compatible, and some of hem might not be .. its a crap-shoot. There might be many different programs inside the same 'CPL' listing.. but that does not mean they are compatible with each other. Sometimes it comes down to different vehicle designs like different intake and exhaust flow for a particular type of vehicle, maybe different network or tranny-specific settings, etc.

And as far as fire-truck programs got.. that is a fast track for tearing up your engine .. as those programs will run that engine at full operating loads and torques even if it tears the thing up. Most those programs are made specifically for screaming down the roads on an engine that is not warmed up yet.. is taking very short trips and torturing its internals.. and then not going f=very far. -- I.E.> those types of programs are very hard on the engine overall and not recommended.