Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other truck related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? (/showthread.php?tid=1028)

Pages: 1 2

EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - yamajason - 10-20-2016

So, EOBR elogs are coming next year, if you just got EOBR in the last year which system brand did you choose? Looking for the least expensive reliable EOBR available.

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - Brock - 10-20-2016

But if they make us use elogs, how will I work 20 hour days???

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - Rex012 - 10-20-2016

I've heard great reviews of this trucking app it's free and I seen a small fleet of trucks using them with stickers on it that say keep trucking well that's the app actually lol. Just downloaded it right now on the App Store since I switched over to an iPhone. It's free and very easy to use highly recommended it and it's free

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - yamajason - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016 )Rex012 Wrote:  I've heard great reviews of this trucking app it's free and I seen a small fleet of trucks using them with stickers on it that say keep trucking well that's the app actually lol. Just downloaded it right now on the App Store since I switched over to an iPhone. It's free and very easy to use highly recommended it and it's free

Elog apps are nice, but they won't comply with the EOBR Mandate the government is giving us December 2017.

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - T680 - 10-20-2016

Pray hard for change in gov....miracles do happend and all that might be reversed imo 99% until further testing ...I've been using them since 2010 and we are good but there are 2 of us

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - Waterloo - 10-20-2016

I would wait until after Nov 8th... But that is just me. Fingers crossed. Trump!

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - in2trux - 10-20-2016

I've been running ELD, EOBR's on and off for the last 30+ years. Honeywell, Xata, Quallcom.
The one thing I always loved about trucking was the FREEDOM of the road. What? Now I have to have big brother riding shotgun? I will figure out a way to leave his ass at the next truck stop.
Somehow I have managed to operate SAFELY for almost 40 years, without wreaking any trucks, killing innocent people or being a general nuisance.

It insults me that, I am not capable of filling out a paper log, which by the way, you must do when the EOBR fails, and they do! I'm smart enough to know when I need to sleep. How did I ever make it this far without umpteen thousand regulations?
Not everyone is a marathon runner, so why should we be forced to run in the special olympics?
Let's not forget that it is my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to privacy!

What next? Checking for skid marks in my drawers?

TIME TO DRAIN THE SWAMP!

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - donaldray - 10-21-2016

What's next?
Well, they are starting a program for driver fatigue whereas they have a camera scanning your eyes and will alert your dispatcher. I believe that Caterpillar is the government testing ground for this. Expect it to be the next big push by DOT after they implement the mandatory elogs. Just a matter of time. No, matter how much we complain and how many times they are told no, they keep undermining the democratic system with unlimited tax dollars and keep coming at us year after year after year. That should be illegal in and of itself.

RE: EOBR Elogs - which brand to get? - Old Driver - 10-23-2016

The next push is 65 mph limiters on truck. At least that's what the truck paper had. I guess it's in the works already, they are probably finalizing the bill right now.